chapter 30

Third person p.o.v

As Mannat walked through the door of her childhood home, her heart ached with a familiar emptiness. She had come back to the place where she had spent the happiest years of her life, seeking solace after a devastating heartbreak. Her parents greeted her with open arms and tear-filled eyes, relieved to have their daughter back home.

"Mannat, my dear, we're so happy to see you," her mother Noor whispered, pulling her in for a tight embrace.

"Yes, beta, it's been too long," her father added, his voice thick with emotion.

Mannat smiled, trying to hide the pain gnawing at her soul. She didn't want to worry her parents with her troubles, so she concocted a story about needing to stay with them for a few days .

"I'm so glad to be home, Ammi, Abbu," she lied, her voice breaking slightly. "I've missed you both terribly."

Her parents led her inside, fussing over her and asking about her well-being. Mannat answered their questions briefly, trying to keep the conversation light. She didn't want them to suspect anything was wrong.

As they sat down for dinner, Mannat looked around the familiar dining room. The walls were adorned with Mannat drawing each snapshot capturing a cherished moment of nature. Her eyes lingered on a picture of herself as a little girl, laughing and carefree drawing and having her moment in the nature.

"Remember when you used to make us drawing calling it master piece?" she asked, trying to lighten the mood.

Her parents chuckled, recalling the countless times they had been subjected to their daughter's playful antics. Mannat smiled, but the sadness in her eyes remained.

After dinner, Mannat excused herself to her old bedroom. As she lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, memories of her heartbreak flooded her mind. She had loved him so deeply, and now the feelings was gone. She closed her eyes, trying to push away the pain, but it was relentless.

Tears streamed down her face as she whispered, "Why did he marry me? What did I do wrong?"

Zubi playful face flash in front of her eyes , Her mother in law wanted her to drop Zubi at her place so she did but as usual her heart ache as she misses her .

Mannat knew that she would eventually heal, but for now, she allowed herself to grieve and feel the full weight of her heartache. She found solace in the comfort of her childhood home, surrounded by the love of her parents. Even though she had lied about the reason for her return, she was grateful to be back in the place where she had always felt safe and loved.

As the night wore on, Mannat slowly drifted off to sleep, clutching a worn-out teddy bear that had been her childhood companion. The teddy bear reminded her of simpler times, when heartbreak and sorrow were foreign concepts. For a brief moment, she felt a sense of peace, knowing that no matter what life threw her way, she would always have her family to support her.

Her train of thought broke when she heard a some voice from kitchen .

Frowning she went to the kitchen turning the light , her eyes widen in shock .

" You ?" She yelled loudly .

______________________________________

Before you guys say it's a short or boring chapter . I know I know .

I am really sorry so catch up with pending work that I couldn't give you guys time but I promise upcoming chapters are those which are you anticipating for so long .