Charity Event Leads to New Rivals

I do not own KDA or anything referenced.

-Grey POV-

I yawn as I finish cooking breakfast and smiling to myself. I hear groaning and see Persephone walking in still naked, and carrying the blanket for warmth. "Why don't you put clothes on?" I ask her and she glares at me.

"You're supposed to be done cooking so you can keep me warm." She says and I kiss her forehead.

"Sorry Babe." I say and she smiles as she leans up to kiss my lips.

"I love that you call me that now." She whispers softly making me laugh.

"I do too. Now let's eat." I say and put two plates down. As we eat I get a phone call from our old CO. "What's up Gully?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Nothing much Grey. How are you and Persephone doing? I know it's been a while since I've checked on you two." He says and I smile before putting him on speaker phone.

"Well she's right here if you'd like to ask her." I say which confuses Persephone.

"Hey Persephone! Still watching over the little brother?" He asks and she scoffs.

"He's my boyfriend you dick head." Persephone says and we hear Gully scream fuck. "You alright there Gully?" She asks and he sighs.

"No! Now I owe all of the Corpsmen a full week of leave!" He yells and we both laugh. "But on a side note. There is a charity event being planned by KDA today. There are already a few other branches and civilians participating, but I'd like to ask both of you to join in as well. I couldn't see anyone else representing the Marine Core like you two." He says and we smile. I chuckle loudly as Persephone punches my arm gently.

"We'll gladly do it Gully." Persephone says and smiles at me.

"Fantastic! You know you two can call me by my first name now." He says and we both smile.

"It doesn't feel right to do that." I say and he sighs.

"Fuck both of you. The event is at 14:00 sharp." He says.

"Copy that. We'll be there at 13:30." I say and he chuckles.

"Copy that. Good luck to you two." He says and hangs up.

"So those bitches are doing a charity event." Persephone growls and I laugh.

"Come on Persephone. Don't think like that, and let's focus on raising money for the charity." I say and she huffs.

"Stop being such a good boy." She growls and I blush as my tail wags quickly. "Oh? Does someone like being called a good boy?" She asks and I blush brightly and just focus on eating.

-Timeskip-

I walk with Persephone into the building that Gully sent us to. "Hello! Are you two from the Marine Core?" The receptionist asks and we both nod.

"Yeah. I'm Grey and this is Persephone." I say and she nods before giving us two sets of papers.

"Wonderful! Just so you know that any and all money placed on bets will go to charity." She says and we read over the papers twice before signing. "Awesome! Grey goes to stall sixteen, and Persephone goes to seventeen." She says and we do as we're told.

"I think I smell Doggies!" A Hyena Vastayan yells and we look back and smile.

"If it isn't the rejected G.I Joe you." I say and we all laugh. We get in our positions and watch as more military personnel get into their positions.

"SeaBee." A female says and we all nod to her as we all introduce ourselves.

"That's my Baby Boy!" I hear my mother scream and I look to see my family in the stands.