Chapter 13

tw and spoiler - sh

i followed aimie round the shop, my head down, slowly raising the volume in an attempt to blur out the background noise. it was too much. it was too loud. i fiddled with the edges of my phone case before shoving it into my pocket and picking up the pace to catch up with aims. i didn't know whether to tell her or not, she literally just wanted to get millie some orange juice and she couldn't even do that without her stupid little foster kid having an internal breakdown. i was nothing to her. she's better off without me. they all are. 

i trotted along behind her to the car, giving her  reassuring smile as i did up my seatbelt next to her. "you ok?" she asked. 
"yeh." i zoned out for he rest of the day, scrolling through instagram and watching youtube after finishing my homework. 

Aimie's POV ~

im extremely worried about stella. she seemed really zoned out when we went out earlier and she hasn't spoken to anyone that much, though she'd gone mute some days. she'd lay on the sofa all day and now was just sitting there staring into space, curled up into a ball with her legs pulled into her chest and her head planted onto her knees. i asked the girls just to watch out and keep an eye on her but nobody has said anything to me, therefore i am either paranoid or the only one who sees her pain. i decided i was gonna go speak to her.

stella's pov ~

i was so lost in my thoughts i didn't even acknowledge aimie sit down next to me. "stella?" she tilted her head at me. i blinked my vision back to reality, turning my head to face her. "yeah?"
"are you alright?"
"yeah"
"what's up?"
"nothing... why?"
"you're not yourself, and im worried.", silence. i didn't know what to say to that... because i wasn't myself, didn't feel like myself, didn't want to be me, didn't want to be here. "uhm, sorry." i said to her, 
"what for? there's nothing to be sorry for." she said gently. 
"i don't know." i let myself fall into her side and she put a reassuring arm over my shoulder. i sort of held back the feeling of telling aimie but i knew that she'd find out one way or another so i just brought up the gut to tell her. "hey aimie?"
"yeah?"
nevermind. i couldn't do this. "i love you."
"i love you too stells." she hugged me.
"uhm... also..." i started, "i uh...", i pulled up my sleeve to reveal the new cuts, deep ones. 
"stell... what's gone on?"
"i don't know." i replied, "everything hurts." that was enough for her. she got it; it was clear. she just pulled me into a hug and let me lay on her chest for the rest of the evening. 

later on we spoke about it, i won't go into detail because it's a bit sad but she didn't seem annoyed. whether or not that was good, don't ask me, but she helped me and that's all i care about. thank you aimie. for everything.

a/n - (its not the last chapter i swear!! buuuttttt... aimie's helped me through LOADS so i had to end it on that. sorry for such a short chapter after ages i've got so much going on atm)