chapter 24

tws: erm... millie??? this is the start y'all things will get worse next chapter hehe

everything seemed pretty normal after the accident. everything but millie... it seemed to have really affected her mentally. i thought about speaking up about it, but decided i should probably just talk to her in private about it. 

i'm not sure whether she was extremely traumatised by what happened, or still in shock and taking it all in, or just... a little zoned out, but something wasn't right and i needed to do something about it. 

it was around 1pm and the girls had just left for warmups so i decided to hold her back. "hey mills, can you stay here a sec?"
"sure, you alright?"
"yeah... i need to talk to you." millie sat back down. "what's up babe?" she asked.
"millie are you like... okay? i'm worried about you."
"awh i'm fine babe, why?" she said in a sweet voice.
"well i mean ever since the accident, you've just seemed a bit zoned out and not millie." she sighed.
"alright, i'm okay. i promise." she held out her pinkie. i took it and let out  deep exhale. "alright then, go warm up."

time skip to HOMETIME!!!!!

i didn't believe millie. she wasn't herself. "you good?" aimie asked, sitting down next to me. 
"yeah, i'm a bit worried about millie that's all."
"i've spoken to her , stells, you have nothing to worry about." i brought my knees up to my chest, the familiar sinking feeling making itself comfy in the bottom of my stomach, and everything around me becoming quiet as i sunk deeper into my thoughts. last time this happened in the dressing room aimie called it dissociation, but last time it was worse. aimie normally waits for it to finish before speaking to me again.
i frowned, wondering whether i was just a bit paranoid. but if even aimie's spoken to her... something has to be wrong. "are you sure?" i asked.
"yes, stella. don't worry. trust me, darling."
"okay." i said, yawning.
"right you need to get to be missy." aimie said before standing up and following me up to my room. 

she had just turned off my light and kissed me goodnight before i (half asleep) grabbed her wrist. "aimie," i murmured, "please can you stay with me, just until i fall asleep?" 
"of course i can." she said gently and sat beside me, stroking my hair. i fell asleep to the comfort that millie had spoken to someone, and hadn't cut. but little did i know, it was going to get a whole load worse.