•« The Cold Always Bothered Me Anyway »•

Juliette's Point Of View

I feel a cold snowflake fall on my nose as I place my first sneaker on the snowy platform of the trainstation. I hear the ground crackle, a sound that I haven't heard in a while. I blow out a sigh and see the small cloud of condensation raise to the sky. As I fully get out of the train, followed by my suitcases, I readjust my warm scarf and step out of the way.

"Is this our final station?"

I hear a sleepy voice ask behind me. I turn around to face Avery, my best friend. "Yes, this is it." I say as I happily sigh. "Good, because I'm exhausted." She says while wiping the sleep from her eyes. "Hey sleepy girl, we still have to go to the guesthouse." I say as I softly nudge my tired friend. "Are you serious? We've been traveling all the way from Australia, and we still aren't actually there?" She asks while dragging her suitcase out of the train before it leaves again. "Are we even in Lermoos already?"

"Yes we are, but we still have to go to the hotel..." I say suggestively. "Are we going to take the subway or so?" Avery asks. "Avery, this is Lermoos, a small village in Austria, there aren't any subways here. My grandmother is supposed to be here to pick us up." I explain, and she understandingly nods. I gesture her to follow me and together we walk down the slippery platform, on our way to the exit.

"We're totally wearing the wrong shoes." Avery states as she slips for the third time.

"True." I mutter while trying to keep my balance. "Why did we go to Austria again?" She asks while pulling her hat over her ears, which are a bright color of red because of the cold. "Because we wanted to go on a holiday together and my grandmother needed help in her guesthouse, remember?" I ask as I sigh desperately. 

How did we even end up here? It's been centuries since I've last seen my Austrian family and it's bloody cold here. Of course, it seemed exciting, going all the way to Europe to celebrate our vacation. Go skiing for a bit, and having après skis at cute little bars. Helping my grandmother in the guesthouse, because she's getting a bit old. But till now, it's not what I expected at all. Of course, it's my hometown, sort of, but it doesn't really feel like it anymore.

"Juliette Rose, mein Kind!"

I suddenly hear. I turn my head and see my grandmother waving at me from the exit. "Greta!" I say excited. We carefully walk towards her with our bags and I get greeted with a heartwarming hug. "You've grown so much." My grandmother says while patting my back. "How old are you now?" I sigh and shake my head. "I'm nineteen Greta, you sent me a card on my birthday, remember?" I say with a chuckle. "Of course, I knew that." She says while she also chuckles. 

She still didn't let go and I'm having trouble breathing to be honest. My grandmother may be small, but she's a really strong and independent woman with a fierce temper. May be oblivious sometimes, but still... She's quite a badass. 

"And this must be the lovely Avery." She says while grabbing Avery's hand with her two small ones. "Yes, this is Avery." I quickly introduce the girl who awkwardly stood behind me. She smiles and shakes Greta's hand. "Hello madam." She politely greets. "Oh child, call me Greta." Greta says as she also pulls Avery in a hug. 

The cold atmosphere is giving me chills and I notice that I've had my jaw clenched the whole time. "Och, are you cold?" My grandmother asks with her strong Austrian accent. "A bit." Avery and I both admit at the same time, after which we look at each other and burst into laughter. ''Well, if you wouldn't have been my granddaughter, I would've thought that you are twins.'' My grandmother says while shaking her head in disbelief. ''Really? Why?'' I ask while raising one eyebrow. ''Because you are so alike.'' She explains.