•« Do you want to build a snowman? »•

Juliette's Point Of View

''Hey, wait for me!'' I hear behind me when I've clicked my shoes into my skis. ''Don't worry, I'm still here.'' I say while turning around to face Avery, who's still trying to get her shoes onto her skis. I watch her do many attempts until she gives up and looks at me with pleading eyes.

''Juliette, please... Can you help me?'' She asks. ''Of course, all you had to do was ask.'' I chuckle while sliding over and helping her onto her skis. We manage to do it and when we're done she happily sighs. ''Thank you.'' I nod and grab my sticks. ''So, are you ready for the first lift?'' I ask her. ''I'm terrified.'' She says while staring at the lift in front of us. This one's called the Hochmoos and it doesn't go up that high.

''You don't have to be, you've skied before, haven't you?'' I ask her. ''Yes, but that's ages ago and I wasn't that good.'' She desperately says. ''I may have forgotten how to do it.'' I pat her back before gesturing her to follow me. ''Don't worry, I'm here. And besides, you don't simply forget how to do it. We won't go that fast and we will be careful, okay?'' I ask. She nods and follows me by moving her feet in the skis.

I have to admit, doing this after so many years is terrifying, it's been a while since I've done this as well and I hope we'll be okay. ''After this we will go to a nice bar to drink some hot chocolate, to warm up.'' I say while slightly shivering because of the cold. ''Agreed.'' I get as response.

As we get in the line I can see the sun high above the mountains, it's beautiful how it throws that glow over them. ''Juliette, pay attention please.'' I hear Avery whisper. I look up and notice that I'm pretty far behind in the line and that I have to go forward because the people behind me are starting to get impatient. ''I'm sorry.'' I mutter.

''Immer das Englisch.'' I hear behind me. They apparently don't know that I'm pretty good at German because it's my second mother language. ''I'm sorry, I just wasn't paying attention. No need to blame the English.'' I say over my shoulder, and I can literally see the woman who said it turn slightly pink.

''I'm sorry.'' She mutters. ''I'm glad that one of us speaks German.'' Avery chuckles. ''Now they can't gossip about us.'' I also chuckle when I hear this. ''True.''

After two minutes or so it's finally our turn and we go forward. The lift chairs will kind of spoon you up and when you sit you have to put down the shackle. ''And we're in, see? That wasn't that bad.'' I say. ''No, you're right.'' Avery sighs as she leans back in the chairs.

We're sharing the seats with the two women that were behind us in the line, and it's pretty awkward. We're all really quiet until we've finally reached the top and it's time to get out. ''How am I going to do this?'' Avery asks while panicking. ''Well, just get up and let yourself glide down the hill.'' I explain. ''It's not that hard.'' When we're there we both get up and I help her a bit with gliding down the small hill until we've safely stopped.

''See? That wasn't that hard.'' I say and she nods. ''You're right.'' I look at the hill and I can already feel the butterflies going wild in my stomach, I'm going to be gliding down that hill in not too long! ''Are you still scared?'' I ask Avery. ''Not so much anymore.'' She says with an innocent smile. ''Well, let's go then.'' I say as I slowly go towards the edge. ''Okay.'' She says as she carefully follows me. ''Just follow my lead, we'll take it slow.'' I say and she nods.

''Well, how was that?'' I ask Avery when we're down in the valley again. ''It was amazing, I'm still shaking a bit though.'' She says while sighing. ''I love this.'' I say while smiling happily. I look at my watch to check the time and see that it's already quite late.

We've spend a while on coming down that hill because Avery was kind of scared at the beginning so we were going really slow. But when she got the hang of it we actually got a descent pace. ''Ready for some hot chocolate? I think you've learned enough for today.'' I ask the shivering girl, and she gratefully nods. ''That would be awesome.''