•« Can't you see? You don't belong with me... »•

Juliette's Point Of View

When we arrive at the guest house I still don't really know what to think about tonight. Meeting up with the guys is nice and all, but also really awkward. I mean, all we had was embarrassing moments, why would we want to relive those moments?

First we're going to eat something and after that it's time to meet up with them in the recreation room. As glad as I am that things like this end after a holiday, and that they might be one soon, it also makes me quite sad. Making friends or having contact with people on holidays sucks, because after that you'll never see them again.

I just don't like the whole idea of that, and it's one of the reason why I wouldn't like getting to know these guys, that's all. The other reason still is the embarrassment that I have build up. I don't want to hang out with the people in front of who I made a fool of myself.

''Are you showering first, or I?'' Avery asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. ''You go first,'' I say, plopping onto the bed. ''I think I'm going to call my parents,'' Avery smiles at me. ''That's good Julie, you'll have to face it sometime,'' she says before disappearing into the bathroom with her clothes.

I grab my phone and walk to the balcony. Who should I call first? My dad or my mom? I don't really feel like talking to my dad after I found out, but he's still my father, and I feel like I owe him a phonecall. But that doesn't mean I'm ready right now, I'm going to call my mother first.

I click on her contact and soon after the phone starts calling my mother. I don't want to do it, I don't want to face her. This is also the first time I'm away from home without her since... Never mind, it's not important, I have another problem to deal with at the moment: facing my mother after we found out dad cheated on her with his colleague.

My mother finally picks up the phone, and I can tell from her voice that she has been crying. ''Hello?'' She asks, her voice slightly shivering. She clearly didn't look at the caller ID and doesn't know it's my who's calling.

''Hey mom, it's me,'' I greet her. It's silent for a second, but after that she immediately speaks up. ''Hey sweetie, how is your holiday?'' She asks me. ''It's fine mom, I'm having fun,'' I say, smiling to myself. ''That's lovely to hear, is Avery also having a good time?'' My mother asks me.

''Yeah, she seems to have a really good time, she likes it here,'' I proudly tell her, all the fear I had before calling her disappeared when I heard her voice. ''Greta's also doing really great. She's such a strong and independent woman,'' I say, kind of impressed.

''Yeah she is,'' my mom says, and I can almost hear her smile. I can tell my mom's proud of her mother, and so am I. ''How are you holding up, mom?'' I ask her, carefully though.

''Oh, eh, I'm doing fine sweetie,'' she says, but I can tell she's lying. ''And now for real?'' I say in a stern voice. ''I'm old enough to know the truth,'' she sighs before replying. ''I know that Jules, but I just don't want to break down in front of you, I'm your mother,'' she says before getting to the point.

''Everything here isn't going so well, you father finally moved out though. Damn, I never want to see that asshole again,'' she says before clearly shutting her mouth. ''Oh, I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to...'' She says, but I don't really care. ''It's okay mom, I kind of hate him as well at the moment,'' I sadly say.

''I just can't believe he would do something like that,'' I'm still so flustered about it. ''I know honey, I can't either,'' my mother sadly says. ''But the two of us are going to be alright, okay? With or without him,'' she says, sounding as independent as Greta.

''Mom...?'' I softly say. ''Yeah?'' She asks me. ''You're strong and independent to, just like Greta,'' I tell her, and I can hear her sigh. ''Thank you honey, it means a lot,'' she says. I don't want her to talk about the thing she's going to ask about next, I don't want her to ask that question.