•« Juliette, snap out of it... »•

Avery's Point Of View

''I have a feeling that this holiday is going to be very awkward now these four boys are around,'' I chuckle when we're back in our room. We've finished the breakfast process, and now it's time for us to get ready for a nice day in which we're going to ski. I'm actually very happy that we're doing this again, it's nice to have something to do while being here in the middle of nowhere. Not that I don't like it here, it's just... So empty.

I change into the extra warm pants and put on some super thick socks. I hate having cold feet, so I might wear them all day when I'm home again. ''I'm so excited for Christmas,'' Juliette says while happily looking at the presents in her suitcase. ''I'm sure you're going to like your presents,'' I smile at her excitement. ''I'm sure you're going to like mine as well, I carefully picked them,'' I say while tying my hair in a ponytail, so it won't become fluffy and all that jazz.

We walk to the little basement when Juliette's also done, to put on our special shoes and grab our skis. They are so heavy, so lifting them and walking to the lift is really hard. But I guess you have to put some effort in it to get the final result, which is going down the hill with a lot of speed. I'm glad I became a little better at it, otherwise it would be very boring for Juliette. All she'd have to do is waiting for me to finally come down, and that seems annoying to me. But of course I don't know how she experiences it, maybe she doesn't really care.

I suddenly almost slip on the frozen ground, and I have to grab Juliette's shoulder to prevent myself from falling. Of course this wasn't the best idea, because Juliette didn't expect me to grab her shoulder, a lot of weight joining me in that process. She loses her balance and falls, which causes me to fall anyway. ''Well, that went well,'' she mutters while trying to get up again. ''I'm really sorry!'' I apologize while getting up easily and pulling Juliette up after that. ''It's good that you're so clumsy,'' she sarcastically says, and I smile an angelic smile. ''I'm sorry,'' I repeat. She shakes it off, and there we go again, on our way to the ski slope.

I hope we don't bump into Aiden on our way, I think I've had enough awkwardness for today. Not that it would be very awkward for me, because I didn't do a thing, but Juliette... I wouldn't know how she would respond if we bumped into Aiden.

I don't get it, I was so convinced that she liked him. Everything in her screamed: ''I'm into him'', but when she got the opportunity, she let it slip... He tried to kiss her, and she tried to stop him. What's going on in her head? Why are my suspicions not right? What's going on in my head to think that? Because if it was so obvious for her, what was my mind doing?

I wonder if I'm an open book as well. I wonder if she knows I can't get that blonde guy with the blue eyes out of my head. I don't know why he's stuck in my head, I don't like him, do I? He's just a guy that I haven't properly met, so Avery, cut the fucking bullshit.

''Ave, what the heck are you thinking about? You seem so absent,'' Juliette complains. I know she hates it when I'm being vague about something, she just can't stand it. ''Nothing,'' I reply. She sighs and shakes her head. ''You're annoying,'' she states before returning to her walk. We're almost there I see, I hope it won't be crowded with people, so we can go our own way. We decide to go to the Hochmoos again, because it's the easiest thing for us to do.

And just like I hoped, there's almost nobody in here. We can immediately get in the lift, there's no line. I still think it's a bit scary, I mean, you don't get scooped up by a chairlift every day. When I'm in it's not that bad, but the process of getting in is just not that nice. Anyway, I probably shouldn't worry too much, it makes no sense. I actually kind of like the height, it's like an attraction in a amusement park. The silence is very silent -duh- and we're the only two persons in these chairs, so I start humming a song to cut the silence.