•« My enemy's bitching 'cause I talk to "his" girl »•

Ashton's Point Of View

"So, how ready are you for tonight?" Michael asks Luke and I. "Very ready," I say. "I heard that the pub has a drum set, I won't have to bring anything," Michael sighs and shakes his head disapprovingly. "I wasn't talking about our performance," he says.

"What were you talking about then?" Luke asks him, me nodding in agreement. "Are you ready to have a nice time with the girls you're obviously diehard crushing on?" Michael cheekily asks.

"Michael!" I exclaim. "I don't know what's going through your head right now, but I'm not crushing on anyone," he shakes his head again. "I don't believe you Irwin, I don't believe you one bit,"

"Then you don't," I mutter. Luke, in the meantime, has turned bright red. "And what about you, Hemmings?" Calum asks him. Luke doesn't know what to say, but Calum keeps pushing him.

"Leave the poor boy alone," I say, turning all the attention towards me again. "And why is that?" Calum surprisedly asks, since I'm usually in for a little friendly banter.

"You can see the guy doesn't want to talk about her," I say. "And since when are you defending him?" Michael asks, but even before I can reply he already cuts me off. "Because you're crushing on someone as well, and know the feeling!"

"Who's crushing on who?" I hear a voice behind me say in the recreation room. I turn around and see two girls standing there, Juliette and Avery.

"Nobody," I say before Michael or Calum can even say a thing.

"Uhm, okay then," Avery, the one who spoke up first, says. She looks absolutely stunning in her black, tightfitting dress. Her hair is braided down her back and on her feet she's wearing a pair of black heels. I nudge Luke, who's almost drooling over her looks. He realises and closes his mouth.

Avery looks really good, but not as good to me as the beautiful girl standing next to her. Juliette's wearing a light grey dress with a black leather jacket on top of it. On her feet she's wearing grey low converse and her hair's curling down her back.

You can really see the difference between the girls right now, which is a good thing, I guess.

"Ready to go?" Juliette shyly asks when she notices us staring at the two of them.

"Okay, I can see why you like them," Calum mutters while checking the girls out. "Sssh," I hiss, but it's too late.

"What?" Avery asks while looking up surprised. Wait, didn't she hear? "Nothing," I say, covering up again. Jesus, it's not my fucking job!

She shrugs and we leave the building with that. The pub is not too far from here, and I'm actually looking forward to it. A karaoke night, I like it. The last time we performed is not too long ago, but I miss it every time we have a break.

"So, are you prepared for tonight?" Avery asks us, and we nod. "They had the instruments there, right?" Luke asks, and Juliette nods. "Yeah, don't worry about that,"

We arrive at the pub about five minutes later, and it's already pretty crowded. We go in and I have to push myself through the crowd. Memories of last time all come back now, when I punched Aiden. Michael immediately makes his way to the bar and we all follow him.

After ordering drinks for the six of us, we decide to get closer to the stage. The karaoke is about to start in a couple of minutes, and I wonder if there are more people attending it tonight. I hope there are, it would be awkward if we were the only ones performing.

"Don't worry, there's always a lot of people performing at these nights," Juliette says as if she could read my mind. "Good," Calum says.

It's weird, we tour around the world, but still I feel nervous about a karaoke night. I didn't mean to brag or anything, but it's quite ironical.