•« We let in light and we banish shade »•

You got me 600 reads already, I'm really so grateful for everything you do guys!
Xoxo

Ashton's Point Of View

One day later, and we're still not much further. There's literally no way to reach anyone outside of this building, and everything outside is still snowed in. I don't know what to do anymore, but I'm so desperate for a solution.

I'm sitting against a wall, shivering in the cold. We're losing supplies pretty quickly and there's no way we can get any supplies the next couple days. I'm losing all my hope, left out in the cold. It's not our company that drives me insane, but just the fact I can't go anywhere. Luckily we still have toilets and water so far, but that's all. We're running out of water, since the owner didn't have that much water in stock.

There's one toilet that hasn't been opened since the storm. It's locked and we don't know who or what's inside there, but we think they're dead. We don't actually want to confront the situation before we're officially safe, so we don't. We try to cheer up the mood with games and conversations, but we're all hopeless and desperate. Why pretend when we know we're doomed?

''Hey, Ashton,'' I hear, and I look up to see who snapped me out of my thoughts. ''Yeah?'' I answer Luke. ''Can you help me lift this?'' He says while pointing at a heavy looking box. I nod and walk over to him. I grab one side and he grabs the other. Together we lift it and carry it to the spot where Luke wants it to be. ''What are you doing with this?'' I ask him. ''I'm trying to place it here, so I can stand on it to look for more blankets or useful stuff up there,'' he says while pointing at a tall closet. ''Oh, okay,'' I reply while watching him getting up on the box and searching the closet.

''Sweet,'' he says, causing us to look up. ''What's it?'' I ask him. ''I've found jars of Nutella,'' he says while grabbing one. ''Really, how many?'' the owner surprisedly asks him. ''Like five or something like that,'' Luke says while grabbing them one by one and handing them to me. ''Wow, I forgot I had those,'' the owner says while putting them on the bar. ''Thanks for looking,''

Luke nods and gets off of the box again. ''Seems like we have supper,'' Avery says while grabbing one of the jars. ''I love Nutella, I wouldn't have expected to eat it ever again,'' she opens the several jars and we all sit around it with spoons, taking a scoop one by one.

''Hmm, this is so good,'' Juliette says while closing her eyes. We all enjoy the chocolate while licking off our spoons. ''I've missed chocolate,'' I say while happily smiling. Finally we have something to be happy about, something to cheer us up.

''I wish I knew what happened to Greta, I hope she's okay,'' Juliette says with a frown, immediately pushing us back into the reality... Well, the jars were empty anyway. I look at the concerned girl, and imagine what she feels right now. I'm pretty sure my family's okay, since snow isn't very common in this time of the year in Australia. Greta was a nice old lady, I hope she's okay as well.

It's a shame such a thing had to happen. Just when we were making friends and having a good time. And if I'm right, it's Christmas eve tonight. My first Christmas eve without any celebration, I already miss it. I wish I could hug my mother right now, my brother and sister. I wish I was home, just home. Why did we decide to stay here? Why did we even go here? I wish we'd just returned to Australia when we could, but no... Luke and I had to stay. I regret that decision now. Why did I stay for a girl that doesn't even notice me?

Luke and Avery seem to be doing pretty great. They always talk with the two of them, and they really had the chance to get to know each other. Me and Juliette are quite the opposite. I haven't talked that much to her since yesterday. Of course we've had some small talk, but mostly about the situation we're in.