Confronting the Past, Embracing the Present

Bada's POV:

Spending time with y/n has been the best coping mechanism for all the memories with Redy and everything else. We have been dating for quite a while now, but I keep falling in love deeper. I truly think she's my soulmate. I've been able to forget all the pain that people have been causing me throughout all the years. I was finally able to properly heal from everything.

When her mom caught us and was so supportive, my heart melted. I'm so lucky to have people like them around me now.

Before, I was used to getting pushed around by people like I was worth nothing. People either ignored me completely, or hated me for no valid reason at all. I have never done anyone wrong.

So, seeing all these people so supportive of me now, facing me with benevolent attidudes, I feel like I'm starting a new life. Which I'm kinda doing, I've moved out to live alone in my apartment, I started being more active and started having a more positive viewpoint. I decided to stop facing those who only hurt me, and I could feel this change my character completely.

I got lost in my thoughts half laying on the couch while y/n was talking to her mom, but snapped out of it when I heard my name being called.

"If you're tired Bada, you can go to my room already, I'll be there in a bit." Y/n smiled at me.

"Okay. And again, thank you Jen for accepting me, and us. I will make sure to forever look out for y/n. I promise." I walked towards them and y/n's mom hugged me.

"Of course Bada. Now, go to sleep! You must've had a long day." She said and patted my head. I smiled at both of them again and walked upstairs, into
y/n's room. I slumped down on her bed. I thought about all of today's events a bit more and eventually fell asleep.

I got woken up by y/n trying to quietly get into bed next to me. She had accidentally stubbed her toe on the bed frame and whisper cursed. I turned around to face her and she stopped like she just got caught doing something illegal. "Sorry. I was too loud. Go back to sleep baby." I giggled at her and opened my arms for her to lay in them.

"That sounded painful. Do you need anything?" I asked as she got on the bed.

"No, I'm alright. Should we sleep?" I nodded, wrapped my arms around her and fell back asleep immediately.

-

Y/n's mom woke us up the next morning. She softly knocked on the door and told us breakfast was ready. We quickly changed and got ready a bit.

Her mom prepared all kind of things and plated everything on the big living room table. My eyes widened at the thought of how much time that must've taken her.

"I didn't really know what you like so I just prepared what we have." She said.

"Wow! It looks delicious, Jen. Thank you very much. I'll make sure to enjoy it." I excitedly replied and pulled y/n's hand to sit down with me.

"By the way, y/n told me yesterday that you were the one who got her that painting." She pointed towards the wall, where the painting was located over the TV.

"Oh, yeah. I got it for her because I thought the flowers paired with the color fit her a lot." I looked at it, then back at her. Y/n looked down smiling and covered her face with her hands. Her mom smirked at me.

"That's very cute, don't you think y/n? Bada seems like the perfect girlfriend." She teased us further. I got shy as well and drank a bit from my orange juice.

"Mhm," Y/n said almost inaudibly by the way her hands muffled her voice.

"If I would have known you would tease us this much, I wouldn't have told you." Y/n finally looked up and glared at her mom.