Chapter 2

Don't forget to vote and comment. Your reviews will be appreciated.

And yes, Happy Diwali to all of you. ✨

***

"Gym Partners"

Kiara

"When did you come, Kiara?" Reyansh asks when I come down from the exercise bike and grab my water bottle.

"Just a few minutes ago." I reply and drink some water before keeping the bottle on the same tool.

"Great. You have to help me today." He says as we both move towards the seating area. Our gym is not situated with a very large area. It has just three separate rooms excluding the office room. I usually work out in the smaller room whereas he works out in the comparatively bigger room which consists of most of the gym equipment. I actually exercise in that room as well but I spend most of my time in the smaller room because in this room, most of the equipment is mainly for weight loss and I usually go to the gym to maintain the perfect balance in my weight.

"Why can't you do it on your own? Aren't you the boy who has got a bunch of weird girls chasing behind you? Let's not forget that you have gained everything just because of the gym in the end. Am I right, Mr. Playboy?"  I say in a steady voice mocking at him in a playful manner.

"Come on, don't be so serious.You can't speak like this. You are my friend, na?" He whines about pouting his lips. I roll my eyes at him smiling slightly.

"Besides, you are also one of those girls who is on the list." He adds with a smirk. I narrow my eyes at him and shake my head in denial. Yeah it's true that I do like him a lot and I want him as my boyfriend. But I am not again going to give up on my morals and give in to my desires for him. I have made the mistake twice and I am not ready to do it again even after how much I get the urge to kiss him on the spot. And most importantly whatever I have done, it's totally because of the feelings for him from my side if not from him. He gets with most of the girls who are usually for simple physical involvement. In my case, the matter is not the same.  There is still a difference even though I don't have any justification for my actions either. I honestly don't care or judge others who are involved with physical relationships or activities. It's just that I am not that type of girl.

"Reyansh, you are well aware about the fact that I am not like those cringe girls. You are my first kiss because I allowed you to do so. I allowed the thing to happen between us because I agree that I was probably high on hormones or the blind faith called physical attraction. And also for your kind information, I am the only one who has ended whatever things between us. It's not you. Whatever has happened, it has happened in my own will and I will make sure to never occur it again. I still value my morals and ethics at some point."  I reply a bit defensively although he has never meant to make it sound serious.

"Chill dude. I was just joking. Don't need to get so defensive on me, Ms. Morals." He says coolly and lets out a small chuckle. I give him a side eye before making my way towards the lat pull down machine with him following my tail.

"What did you just call me ?" I ask while sitting down on the machine.

"Ms.Morals. The perfectly suitable name for you." He replies with a huge grin emphasising on the two words of my fresh new name given by him.

"Are you mocking me, Reyansh? Seriously?" I look at him raising my eyebrow.

"Why are you getting so worked up, Kiara? I am not mocking you or your morality. I am just simply being funny. Can't I now make jokes with you?" He questions back giving me a tight lipped smile. I shake my head at his words and focus on pulling down the weight.