Chapter 10

Don't forget to share your reviews.

"Night ride with Mr. Playboy"

Kiara

"Kiara, you should know that you amaze me." Reyansh states out of nowhere gaining my attention. I scrunch my eyebrows at his back hearing his sudden statement. Leaning closer to his helmet, I inquired curiously. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, I have always been amazed at how you are so different and unique from other girls. Today, you again proved to me that you are indeed one of those rare girls." He speaks a bit loudly as we are still riding his bike on the way to my home.

"I don't know why you are suddenly speaking something out of context. But to answer your question, there are so many girls like me in this world. It's just that you have only been with those types of girls with your playboy image and they know what their intentions are with you." I reply with all seriousness.

"Don't remind me of that. It was in the past but now I am trying to be a good guy." He chuckles softly. Even though he is wearing his helmet, I can sense him making a face of grimace hearing my answer.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes at his words.

"Don't roll your eyes. You don't look good with that." I look at the mirror of his bike to spot his smile through the mirror of his helmet.

"Are you flirting with me when you have a girlfriend?" I ask shaking my head in disbelief.

"What! No." He looks back at me through his bike's mirror and nods his head in denial. After that, he suddenly slows down his bike making me whine in response. Before I can comment on anything, he stops me.

"I am now going to drive faster. Hold me properly. I don't want you to get afraid." He yells out loudly as he increases his pickup instantly speeding up in this process. I immediately wrap my arms tightly around his waist and lean closer to his back almost pressing my face on his back. The loud sound of the bullet resonates in the road alarming everyone present on the road about the fast moving bullet bike of Reyansh. There was no doubt that the bullet is one of the loudest bikes.

My both hands grab hold of his shirt in tight grip and I cling closer to his back holding my breath as he increases his speed more. I can feel myself shivering under the cold breeze of night and my body heating up in excitement due to the anticipation of the fast speed of his bike or probably the combination of the speedily moving bike and our closeness together. My heart thumbs rapidly against my ribcage and my stomach is filled with somersaults as if I am trying to do something adventurous and a scary thing in my life. I know that it sounds exaggerated but I love the adrenaline rush. I love experiencing those little things. In fact, riding a bike on the speed limit at night has been one of my bucket lists.

Should I be on cloud nine because how I have gotten the opportunity to technically accomplish one of my bucket lists with my crush and dear high school friend who thinks of me as just a simple friend and will never look at me the way I look at him and also is in love with another girl?

Things between Sara and Reyansh simply confuse me. Sometimes, it feels as if they are going to stick with each other at last and in the next moment, it seems that they are just trying to fit in but are not seriously able to accommodate each other. Something is off about them. As much as I want to believe that Reyansh is trying, a part of me is staying clear about how he can never change at least not for someone like Sara. There is not anything wrong about the girl but she is just too innocent and pure to handle a guy like Reyansh. As a friend, I have seen him for ages and I have seen how he is and how one simple incident has entirely changed his persona. He shows his real self to the people whom he really thinks of as his good friends and I am one of them. And I honestly feel that he can't really show his real self towards Sara.