Chapter 3

Don't forget to vote and comment. Your reviews will be appreciated.

*****

"Diwali Celebration"

Kiara

My pulse quickens as I step out of the elevator , arriving at one of the flat rooms on the 4th floor that has invited me on the occasion of Diwali. Tina and I both are invited by Vikram on this occasion. To be honest, I was not exactly excited to visit here since I have a kind of backstory with Vikram as well. Truly speaking, I seem to have a lot of back stories with people nowadays.

I have met Vikram in the gym only and he is one of the good friends of Reyansh as well. We have in fact bonded through Reyansh only. Later, Vikram proposed to me which was a complete shocker for me since I thought that it was just normal friendship. We are not even that good friends either. Tina rather has a better friendship with him. Even Reyansh and Tina tried to convince me to accept his proposal because the guy was so whipped for me. I admit that Vikram is an absolutely nice guy who is a perfect boyfriend material and every girl looks for. Unfortunately , I rejected him because I was already in love with his friend already. What do you expect me to do? Tina told me several times to take this opportunity to move on from Reyansh.

Nonetheless I know myself and I can never do this to Vikram knowing that I have feelings for someone else. I can't use him for my selfish motives. I don't want to give him false expectations or hopes when I am trapped with figuring out the way of getting rid of my messed up feelings. This will be humiliating for him and I can't disregard his feelings this way when I am not even sure if I can ever bring myself to feel the same way about Vikram. It will not be anything but a disastrous end for both of us. It goes the same way for others as well. As long as I do have feelings for Reyansh, I can't go for any other guy or take their feelings as taken for granted. I don't want to hurt anyone's self respect in this way. It's not just about their feelings but also a matter of their own dignity. If they see that a girl has used them in this way, it's huge disrespect towards their own dignity and feelings. This is horrible.

I even confessed the truth to Vikram and he has understood me well. From then, awkwardness has been present between us but now we are getting over the stage slowly. I actually didn't want to come on this occasion but I have only come here for Tina's insistence and also clearing out the awkwardness between me and Vikram. Vikram is now dating a girl and that has helped us a lot to cover up our weird past. Now we are trying to be friends.

"Mashallah Kiara, you don't know how stunning you are looking right now." Tina comments suddenly passing me a wide grin. I scrunch my eyebrows shaking my head in response.

"Shut up. You are looking no less. You are absolutely gorgeous." I reply when we walk towards the door of Vikram's flat.

"Have you looked at yourself , Kiara? When you wear a saree, you look like a Goddess. Trust me, You are naturally so pretty but when you wear saree or any other traditional outfits, you throw bombs babe." I roll my eyes at her.

"Stop exaggerating." I nudged her shoulder lightly smiling at her. Well, here is a thing. Consider me self-obsessed or proud but I would like to mention it as self awareness. I am an average looking girl and I have got heights and light skin tone. I don't have a milky fair complexion but I am fair enough. I am around 5'5 which is the perfect height as per our Indian height. I personally feel that I really look good when I actually wear some traditional outfits. I don't think that I have a very pretty face but I guess that I look presentable enough when I actually put some effort into making myself look good.