Chapter 8

Kindly do vote and comment if you like the chapter.
Be prepared to read this chapter. It's gonna be quite emotional.

"Shattered heart"

Third Person

Draped in a plain yet beautiful floral maxi dress, Kiara navigates amidst the crowd of people. With her ever-charming smile and exotic exterior, she always manages to capture eyes wherever she goes. With her eyes sparkling with joy and her presence that radiates innocence, she has the capacity to pull someone magnetically towards whether it's a boy or a girl. It's not about physical attraction or love at first sight, it's her deceptive timid and naive look which compels others to come in good assumption about her in one glance. Kiara is herself aware about the fact that she is actually pretty and is one of the girls who gets male attention quite a lot. However, she is not someone to flaunt about that. She just simply likes to keep her own judgement about herself to herself only.

Her desperate eyes are busy in searching for the familiar faces in the hustle. The garden area is astoundingly decorated with flowers, candles and balloons. Some of the familiar friends from their high school have also attended the party. There are few more guests who look to be relatives with their gesture and attire. Kiara's eyes fall on Tina and Uday with Rohan talking among themselves. She quickly makes her way towards them catching their attention in this process. Tina waves excitedly seeing her when she finally joins them, greeting them with a smile.

"You are looking so stunning, Kiara." Uday mumbles slowly after taking a look at his friend.

"Yeah, the dress looks so good on you." Tina also compliments her observing her dress carefully.

"Thanks." Kiara grins at them as she recalls how Reyansh has searched for this perfect piece of cloth for her in the shopping mall. A blush creeps on her face at the memory of today's short yet nice encounter with Reyansh in the shopping mall. This is completely new to her. She never expected Reyansh to actually put in so much effort and spend so much time just to look for a good dress for her. She knows Reyansh well but this existing side of Reyansh is absolutely new.

"Tina, you are looking great as well." She smiles at them nodding her head in response.

"By the way, where is Reyansh? I have to give him the gift." She asks, her eyes traveling amidst the crowd to find no trace of Reyansh.

"He is probably upstairs." Rohan answers pointing at the house.

"Ok, you guys stay here. I will come soon after giving him the gift " With that, she makes her into the house of Reyansh. Reyansh has a standard luxurious modern home with a wide length garden on the back and a small porch in front of it. Kiara has come to his house before and she really loves the homely and warm feeling at his home. Reyansh's parents are very down to earth and friendly. They have always welcomed her whole-heartedly and appreciated her presence whenever she has come into their house. She likes his parents for their generosity, understanding nature and great hospitality.

She discovers a few people roaming in the house and they all seem busy doing their stuff. Her eyes wander in the huge living room to find Reyansh's parents busy in the kitchen and talking with other people of their age. Deciding not to interrupt them, she heads upstairs. Reaching Reyansh's room, she once again takes a look at the gift box in her hand. She lets out a nervous sigh tightening her hold on the gift box. She has made a small gift card for his birthday with her own hands. Along with it, she has written a few words and wishes in the card. At first, she didn't want to do this because he might think of something else.Later, she has convinced herself by saying that he will not do such a thing. It's nothing but a gift card. It's not that she has penned down her undying love for him.