Ch. 4 Shadows

Kyra POV

Eating in a fancy restaurant can make anyone feel like royalty. As well as being with the man in your life makes you feel like you're on top of the world, well in my case men.

Right now Ryder and I are eating our dinner while Dylan is talking to his father on his phone. Something about there being a rift between the human and demon worlds. It's a very big issue and since Dylan's next in line for the throne, he needs to start taking care of these issues.

Since I'm technically the Queen, I should be with Dylan, discussing these matters and trying to solve them together. I really want to help but what can I do? I'm only a human and I don't know anything about the demon world, nothing political about the human world, too. Though if I'm to be the future wife of the rulers of the demon world, then I need to start informing myself of all these issues.

I guess when I've been mated to Ryder and Dylan, their father will no longer be in charge of the demon world. Meaning that the Devil will no longer exist! No, instead there will be two devils. I shake my head, how am I going to be the wife of two devils?

Whoa, wife? I'm already thinking about being married to Ryder and Dylan? Instead of being scared or even mad like I thought I'd be, I'm happy that I'm thinking of them as my future husbands. I don't think I quite love them yet but I'm well on that road.

"Wow, I never had this before," I say before biting into a small red banana.
It's not sweet like a banana but I have already put it in my mouth. Spitting it out would be very nasty and not Queen like of me.

Ryder's eyes widen at what I just did and I look at him weirdly while munching on the baby banana. I feel my mouth getting hot and I swallow the food. Bad mistake.

"Ah!!" I yell and bolt up out of my chair so fast it falls down, causing everyone in the restaurant to look. They all start whispering about the fiasco the girl in the mermaid dress is causing.

My mouth is burning too much for me to really care right now. I grab my empty cup and run towards the water dispenser. Filling my cup to the top, I chug down all the water, feeling some droplets fall down my chest. I repeat this routine 6 more times and the burning finally stops.

"You didn't know that was a chili?" Ryder asks with an amused voice.

I glare at him and throw my empty cup at his chest. He raises an eyebrow at this but doesn't say anything.

"No, I didn't! The least you could've done would be to warn me, jerk!" I yell at him and storm out of this place.

What a douche! Not even telling his girlfriend that she was about to eat a freaking chili! How inconsiderate of him and very mean. I stop my angry march and look back at the now distant restaurant. Girlfriend?

I smile and start to make my way back towards Ryder when I'm grabbed from behind. They place a hand over my mouth before I can even scream and knock me over the head.

"Dylan, Ryder, help me" I think before blacking out.

Ryder POV

Dylan walks back into the restaurant and stops when he sees me sitting at our table with no Kyra.

"What happened, Rye?" he asks, referring to the childhood name he used to call me. That was a very difficult time, mom had just died and since I was always closer to her then dad, I missed her most. To this day I find myself still trying to take away my own sadness, it will consume my life if I let it.

I sigh and gesture towards the door.

"She left," I say simply and pour myself another drink. Ever since mother's death, I have drowned my sorrows into alcohol. It's the only thing that will take away my pain when my brother can't.