Ch. 8 Resurrection

Welcome to

Hell's cemetery

Couldn't be more original about the name, Lucian? I chuckle to myself and step inside the giant burial ground.

Well, here we go. Going to resurrect a dead woman! I have to do this for my future with Ryder and Dylan. Lucian can no longer be leader of the underworld, all that power goes straight to his head, and he's obsessed with killing us.

Time to put an end to his reign of terror and revive the one person who can, hopefully, keep him in check.

I pass by at least 300 tombstones before finally reaching the right one.

Janine

Loving wife, caring mother, extraordinary friend.

I smile at the plaque and then make a shovel appear in my hand.

"I'm terribly sorry for what I'm going to do next," I whisper down to Janine.

Then after a minute of silence, I start shoveling away. It takes about 2 minutes for me to reach her casket and pry it open. The stench, is what I was not expecting to smell. Rotting flesh smells exactly like how you are imagining it, horrible. Since I can't be bothered by human weaknesses any longer, though, it doesn't affect me. But man it wouldn't be bad to smell anything else except this.

I look down at Janine and cringe at the sight, it's not everyday I see a dead body. Her skin is completely gone, leaving behind a gray skeleton. It looks like she's been here for quite some time now, even an arm, and leg are eroded. All her teeth are gone, her head is bald, she's got no eyeballs, and she's missing a couple of ribs.

"I hope this works," I mutter and sit down on the lid of her casket.

"Hi Janine, I'm not sure if you can hear me or not, but my name is Kyra. I'm here to bring you back from the dead. Oh also I'm your sons soul mate...just letting you know," I babble to her and then clear my throat.

"Here we go."

I take the backpack that I've had with me all this time and zip it open. Lucian had given me very specific instructions on how to revive her.

First, I need to burn a 1,000 year old bark from an oak tree that used to be in the demon world. Apparently it was the sight at which many fallen angels and demons shed their blood.

I make a flame appear on the bark and set it next to Janine, I'm careful to make sure it doesn't touch her.

Second, I need to take an old chalice that an ancient Angel blessed and fill it with my blood.

I make a blade appear, cut a deep line across my palm, and drip all the blood into the cup. When that's done, the wound on my hand heals.

Lastly, I need to say something that will animate Janine and make her want to come back to the living.

I don't have to think too hard about that, I mean she was Lucian's wife, but they were not soul mates. So obviously it's simple.

While pouring the blood into her mouth, I say the thing that will make her want to live again.

"Dylan and Ryder."

I sit back and wait for something amazing to happen.

After a few seconds of nothing happening, I give up.

"I obviously can't do this-" I start but then stop talking when I see a bright white light come from her body.

It envelops her in a white cocoon and after a few seconds it stops. When it does stop, she sits up.

A beautiful woman now sits beside, with long blonde hair that reaches her waist, and light blue eyes just like Dylan's.

She stretches her arms above her head and yawns.

"I haven't slept that good in forever," she says and then finally looks over at me.

"Hello, dear, mind if I ask you for a favor?"

I shake my head.

"Can you give me some clothes please?"

I finally realize she's been naked this whole time and I blush.

"Yeah, um, anything specific?"

She smiles and nods. "A lovely red slip dress would be nice."

I nod and then make it appear on her body. She runs her hands over the material and then grabs her breasts.

"I lost these about 6 years ago, I've missed them," she says and then looks down her dress.

I laugh and pack up everything that I used to bring her back.

"Oh and dear?" She asks me which causes me to pause.

"Yes?"

"Your blood tatses lovely, thank you for reviving me," she smiles.

I shake my head. "I did it for your sons and myself."

Her eyes widen. "What has Lucian done now?"

I love how she just knew that he was responsible for that, it makes me like her even more.

"He threatened to kill me so that Ryder and Dylan could die which means he'd be the only ruler of the demon world."

Janine gasps and places a hand on her chest.

"Well, please, lead me to him because he needs a good äss whooping."

I grin with maliciousness and help her up.

"My pleasure."

××××

"That'll be the last time you ever think about killing my future daughter in law, do you understand me Luciano?" Janine yells at Lucian.

For the past hour that she's been newly alive, all she's done is torment Lucian. I have to say, it's been rather enjoyable watching him suffer. She's used all types of punishment on him, some that are so cruel I think I almost feel bad for him, and all he's done is take it. He hasn't argued back to her once, hasn't stopped this when he so obviously could, and hasn't said a word. Just sat there and let her torment him for what he was planning to do to his own sons.

I smirk at the name she called him, they are such a cute married couple. I can't believe I ever kissed him, I wish I could take it back. Of course it's not like we are awkward around each other about it but I guess that's just because we hate each other.

Lucian grumbles something but nods.
"Now apologize to her at once," she commands with her arms crossed.

My mouth drops to the floor and I stand, completely stunned. I'd never thought I would live to see the day when Lucian was treated like a bratty little child. This is better then HBO.

"I'm sorry," he mutters, pouting like a child who hasn't gotten his way.

Janine smiles and looks back at me.

"I've got him under control, now why don't you go back to Ryder and Dylan? I'm sure they miss you terribly."

I nod and hug her. "Thank you."

She shakes her head. "It was my pleasure putting this big baby back in his place."

I laugh and give Lucian a sympathetic look. "Good luck!"

He looks like he's ready to cry but he nods. "Thanks."

I leave them and go back to the human world. It feels like an eternity since I've been here and since I've been in my lover arms.

Using the mates connection like a GPS I find where Ryder and Dylan are.

I smile as I make my way to them.