Ch. 12 New Beginning

The man laughs, and shakes his head.

"Not hardly. I am Kein."

I breath deeply, looking around at the other men, and women around the court. All of them had wings just like Angela, but they all had evil looks on their faces. Staring at me.

I look back at the man who looks a lot like Lucian, and I nearly cry.

"Why?" I ask, my voice breaking.

He frowns, seeming somewhat sympathetic with me, but shakes his head sadly.

"You have committed the worst possible crime an angel can make. Having sëxual relations with a demon is a heinous act, and doesn't go unpunished by our kind."

The rest of the crowd starts yelling.

"Burn her!"

"Kill her!"

"Take her powers away!" Angela yells, her voice ringing out from the rest.

Kein nods, smiling his approval at Angela's answer.

"All in agreement?" He asks the other court members, and they all nod.

I breath a sigh of relief. I didn't need my powers anyway, I could live fine without them.

"She should be further punished, take away the things she loves most!" Angela screams madly at Kein, and they shut her up.

My eye widen, and I look back at him. He seems to extremely love the idea that Angela yelled at him.

"No! Please don't!" I beg him, tears threatening to come out.

"Since we can't very well kill Lucian's sons without a war breaking out, there is something else we can do."

He stands up, his huge white wings spreading out behind him.

"Take away all your memories of those demons, and ever being an angel. You will live just like before, a human."

Everyone in the court agrees, roaring loudly for it to be done. I fall on my knees, the tears I had spilling forth now, and I shake head.

"Please...don't do this."

He waves a hand at me, silencing me, and the court converses.

I fall onto my side on the floor, crying silently, and staring ahead blankly.

I will lose all my memories of Dylan, and Ryder? I can't live without them, I know physically I can't.

I stare at my hand, and try making light appear from it. Nothing at all happens, and I sigh. Of course they would suspend me from using my powers while being here.

Powers I can live without, but I don't want to live without my demon lovers.

Kein comes back onto the podium, and bangs the gravel.

"It is decided, Kyra Thorn you are hereby stripped of all your angelic powers, and memories of the supernatural world. You will go on to live a human life, and never be recognized as an angel again. Do what you will after this, but never interact with a demon again or else we will send someone to kill you."

Angela grins at that, cracking her knuckles, and I shake my head. I can't believe I ever thought she was my friend.

"You are dismissed."

A white light envelopes me again, and this time the pain I feel is amplified. I scream, tearing at my own skin, and trying to run away from the light. I feel something escape my body, and finally I lay down on the ground.