Ch. 14 Deja Vu

"Kyra, wake up!" A voice calls to me from the darkness, and I cough.

Water spills out from my mouth in a gush, and I can breathe again.

"Oh thank god your awake!" another voice says, and I finally open my eyes.

Maggie kneels before me, eyes watering with tears. One of her other friends was beside her, and she smiles at me.

"What happened?" I rasp, my voice sounding like it hadn't been used.

"You'll be fine, it was just an octopus that latched onto your leg. Left you with some nasty wounds, but those are already bandaged. If you want we can take you to the hospital, but it's not totally necessary."

An octopus?

I remember seeing blue eyes while I was under there, and they weren't from an octopus. They were human.

"Did someone jump in while I was down there?" I ask them both, and they shake their heads.

"No one was in there until Heath heard you yell, and came to get you."

Heath was Maggie's brother, and he had green eyes. Not blue.

So who really saved me?

The girls pick me up, and take me to the hospital just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with me.

After a few hours, the results finally come back, and I sigh in relief as the doctor tells me I'm fine. He did prescribe me with some pain killers, though.

"See? Totally fine, nothing to worry about," Maggie smiles, giving me a big hug, and squeezing.

"Yeah, thanks to Heath. You know I should actually thank him for saving my life, where is he?" I ask her, and she gives me his number.

"He should be at home right now, I mean it is midnight, but just call him to make sure he is there."

I nod, going to sit on a chair while we wait for my medicines to be done, and I call Heath.

"Hello?" He answers on the first ring.

"Hey, Heath. It's me, Kyra," I say, and blush. Why am I blushing?

"Oh, hello there miss attacked by an octopus, how are you feeling?"

I giggle slightly, and tell him I'm alright. We chat for a bit, me telling him about what happened before he saved me, and I finally say thanks.

"Thank you so much for going into the water, and saving me, Heath. I owe you big time."

"It's no big deal really, but you know one way you could repay me is if you agreed to go out with me," he says, and I almost choke on my own spit.

Did Heath, the hottest star football player at my school, just ask me out?

"Um, yeah sure," I stammer, and smile so big my cheeks start to hurt.

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow at school, and then we can work out a day to go out."

"Sounds good, see you then. Bye."

We hang up, and by now I know I must look like a tomato. It was a really unattractive blush, and very noticeable. Not something I can hide.

"What's got you all red in the face?" Margaret, Maggie's friend, asks me.

I shake my head, grabbing my medicines from the lady, and going outside to where Maggie was waiting. I hope she won't mind me going out with her brother, but it's not like I needed her permission. Maggie notices my red face as well, so I sigh, and give in to tell them.