chapter 6

JIDDERH P.O.V

"But, Jidderh dear, there is something I want to tell you," she said, still watching TV.

"Okay, aunty, I am listening," I replied with a serious tone.

The beat of my heart increased; I knew they were up to something. I silently prayed, "Ya Allah, make it easy for me," in my mind.

"You know that the money your uncle left behind cannot afford all of our needs and food," she said, her eyes fixed on me.

Suddenly, my expression changed; I sensed that something was about to happen, and my heart began to beat faster.

"So, Jidderh, as for you, you should stay at home with me to help with the household chores. As for your sisters, they should go to school. As you can see, Faiha is now in part 1, and whenever your uncle sends some money, I can enroll you so that you can join Fatima in SS3," she announced.

I couldn't believe what I heard. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, and I quickly wiped them away. I asked myself, "So, now my dream is going to be drained?"i asked myself

"Yes, mom is right. You should stay home and help her with the household chores because, as you know, we don't have a housemaid for now. She can't handle it alone. And also, you know, university life is demanding with many lectures. So, you see, I don't have time either," she said, smiling widely as she took a sip of her tea.

I just sat there like a fool, feeling surprised and shocked at the same time. "What did they mean by me staying at home?" I thought, and more tears started rolling down my eyes.

"But aunty, I don't think money is the problem. Dad left a lot of money, and mom, on the other side, left hers too before dying. We can talk to uncle so that he should talk to our lawyer," I said, tears streaming down my face.

She just stared at me with a devilish look, while Faiha seemed confused.

"The other day, I overheard uncle speaking on the phone about you taking over my mother's account because she doesn't have a sister. She is the only daughter of her parents. Meanwhile, he took over his brother's company, and the remaining wealth will be kept for me until I turn 18. They also gave Faiha and Fatima some shares of the money," I said, trying to fight for myself.

She burst into a series of laughter. "Jidderh, you're grown, and you have the audacity to talk to me like this?"

"Listen, and listen attentively. I took over your late mom's account, and I have some things to take care of. I will take care of my family. Do you know when your uncle will come back from the trip? I guess you know.,,I don't need not inform you, as it was your deceased father's undertaking, and I am going to establish an ample store for myself. Presently, Faiha desires an iPhone 15, an lphone laptop, and an iPhone watch, thus I shall procure them for my daughter.she said..

I was utterly stunned; I find it difficult to believe what she is saying...

"Allow me to clarify the situation for you. Your companion's father ran away with a portion of the wealth, and the house was burned, your  uncle
hid it on your behalf... The sole remaining shared possessions are his business and car, which your uncle has taken control of... You possess nothing, Jidderh," she declared....

The exact moment I commenced weeping, I inquired tearfully, "Why did he hide it from me?"....

"Hmm, you are asking us?" Faiha uttered with an air of contentment...

"You may retire to your room," Aunt Maryam stated, her gaze fixed upon the television...

I rose to my feet, and there I saw Fatima standing in the corridor. To my surprised, had she been eavesdropping? I wondered...

Here is chapter 6

What do you think about this chapter?????..

Please help me by voting
Sharing commenting

Kenzie love you all😍🤩😘