5-Not your problem (TW)

TW: Gender dysphoria, Panic attacks

Started writing October 21st, 2023

(HEY SOOO I DECIDED IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING THAT I WANTED TO MAKE IT HUMANIZED BECAUSE IT WOULD GO BETTER WITH THE PLOT SO JUST KEEP IN MIND THEY'RE HUMANIZED NOW BECAUSE I SAID SO 🥰)

No POV:

The cold room.

His cold, empty, quiet room was all that filled his mind.

The hollowness of it all.

But now was no time to writhe in sorrow. He really needed to eat something.

He was starving.

He got up and groggily walked to his door, opening it and filling one side of his room with orange light, though it was soon cut short after Cheesy closed his door.

He walked to the elevator and pressed the button to open it, walking into it shortly afterward.

He stood in the elevator tiredly. He closed his eyes. He just wanted to rest his eyes for a moment...

He opened his eyes again but was met with a tight room filled to the brim with mirrors.

Small mirrors, big mirrors, square mirrors, circular mirrors...

Cheesy desperately looked around the black void of a room for an exit door, but he couldn't find anything.

All that he found were the mirrors staring back at him. Mocking him.

He looked at his 'reflection'...

"This is not my reflection."

He stared at the mirror repeating those words on and on in his head, looking at the reflection in the mirror. It was not him. It was her.

"This is not my reflection."

Her equally freckled face and chubby arms moved with him in the mirror. Her long eyelashes going over her eyes the same times as he blinked.

"This is not my reflection."

He said it over and over in his mind, looking at the reflection dead in the face.

It was not him. It will never be him, and never was.

Her identical tooth gap and glowing green eyes mocked him as her body moved in sync with his as he moved with his reflection.

"This is not my reflection."

This is not his reflection.

All the mirrors in the room suddenly broke with a giant crash sound, the sound waves reverberating in his eardrums.

He immediately covered his ears and looked around the room, with the shards laying on the inky black floor reflecting his face.

He felt his breath start to quicken. The stinging sensation of tears graved in the corners of his eyes. The sounds of the glass breaking ringed in his ears.

He jolted awake.