19-You'll hold my hand, so you never go astray.

Started writing: March 29th, 2024

(Content warning: Crying, discussing trauma, implied abuse.)

(PLSSS I LOVE YOUR GUYS' COMMENTS KEEP THEM COMING ❤️‍❤️‍❤️‍)

(not proofread :3)

No POV:

Candle sat carefully on her bed, legs crossed, and Cheesy's journal sitting in her lap.

She always knew journals/diaries were very personal to one's self. Every single one made was one of a kind, writing that nothing else in the world contained, and that made it so special. Someone's thoughts locked onto a page, the emotions being engraved into the paper... It was beautiful.

Beautiful, in a way that she knew she couldn't touch it.

Beautiful like an artifact, like a famous piece of artwork, like a rare hieroglyphic. All those things, the average person would never even get half of a chance to touch one of those.

That's why she didn't open it. As much as she appreciated Salt's concern for Cheesy, she'd much rather talk to Cheesy about it face to face than breach his privacy by seeing something that was never made to be seen. They held personal stories and experiences that one's gaze should never be drawn to if not the creator's, so she didn't do anything with it. All she did was stare, until she heard the fateful knock she was waiting for.

"Come in, Test Tube." She beckoned, inviting Test Tube into her room.

Test Tube opened the door, Salt by her side. "Ah, I see you have brung your acquaintance... how may I assist you?" She asked softly, the journal still visible in her lap.

"Hi, yes, I need to see Cheesy's journal. Can I borrow it for a moment?" Test Tube asked.

Candle chuckled a bit. "Where?" Candle looked at Test Tube with almost painful eye contact. Test Tube raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean where-"

"I mean where did you find the nerve to ask that?"

Test Tube was a bit taken back by this, as she never really saw Candle this snappy before, but she supposed nobody was all sunshine and rainbows when you really got to know them. "I- I just wanna see, It's for the better. We want to make sure he's alright."

Candle sighed. "Test Tube, I appreciate the concern, but if you were so worried about Cheesy, you would talk to him yourself. Frankly, I find it impressive that you gathered the amount of audacity to ask for the journal. Both diaries and journals are meant to be kept private. Each page has the attachment of the author's emotions written into the page with strong emotion, and it is not meant for another person's eyes to read. I have not read it, and neither should you. I do not mean harm or offense by saying any of this, but please leave Cheesy alone."

Salt and Test Tube looked at each other in unison, then back at Candle. Salt opened her mouth to speak "...I-" "Please, I would appreciate it if you two left. Thank you." Candle interrupted. Salt looked down in both guilt and shame, making her way out of the room without hesitation.

"Salt..." Test Tube followed, closing the door behind them.

Candle watched both of them leave and pulled out her phone, opening Cheesy's profile in her contacts list.

Cheesy

Hi there Cheesy, how are you doing?