14-Lovey Dovey (LIME)

Started writing: December 28th, 2023.

CW: Slight transphobia & Lime

THANKS FOR 5K READS!!!

No POV:

It was the next day, and many people were talking about the newly revealed couple.

Most people were excited about the entire situation, but some others were... not very positive about it.

"Some others" being Salt.

"Did you see them at the party last night? It was, like, sooo extra! Like, get a room!"

"It's such an unlikely couple too, they're like complete opposites!"

"Trophy doesn't even deserve someone like Cheesy, he's like such an asshole!"

Pepper was stuck listening to Salt complain, going on and on about how the two's relationship was destined to fail.

Pepper was quite agitated by her biased remarks, but kept listening anyway. She was too scared to object.

"...But y'know, I guess it's an okay relationship since, like, Cheesy's "trans" so it's technically a straight relationship, right? Since, like, Cheesy's biologically a girl." Salt continued.

As soon as Pepper heard those words come out of Salt's mouth, she looked at her in disgust.

"I feel like you're the only one that, like, listens to me-" Salt's sentence was cut off by the creaking sounds of Pepper's chair being pushed back as she stood up off of the chair.

"Salt, I can't stand to see you complain like this about them anymore. If it's that hard for you to not leave them the fuck alone, I don't want to hang out anymore." Pepper said, a bitterness lacing her voice.

Salt's eyes widened. She was shocked that her BCFF would say such a thing to her. She scoffed and turned her head away.

"W-well if you're gonna be on their side, then... then......"

"Then what?" Pepper asked condescendingly.

Salt furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms, still avoiding eye contact with Pepper.

"...J-just leave me alone!" Salt banged her fist on the table, the sound of utensils clanking together filling the room.

Pepper turned away from Salt. "I will!" She said, walking out of the situation literally and figuratively.

Salt was left alone at the table as the few people downstairs had watched the entire thing happen, some people being worried.

While on the other side of the spectrum, there was Nickel.

Not for the reason you'd think though.

Nickel was actually quite glad that Cheesy and Trophy had forged a new relationship, the reason being so he could tease them for it while being—objectively—in the right.

Though, unfortunately for him, they both were a little busy right now.