9-Mood Swings

Started writing: November 27th, 2023.

To ShyArtisticPerson, for being my best friend and biggest supporter.

No POV:

It was 3:02 AM at Hotel OJ. The devil's hour, one might say.

Not many people did in the hotel, because they weren't that childish. But out of the few people who did think that, Cheesy was one of them.

Cheesy had just woken up from another nightmare. He'd been having them on and off lately. This one was worse than they usually were.

He was breathing heavily and had to take a minute to calm himself down. He could feel the tear streaks on his face.

He checked the alarm clock on his nightstand saying the time. Seeing it only made him feel worse, as he stupidly believed it was the "devil's hour". He watched one too many "scary" videos as a young kid.

He tried to get to sleep once again, trying to ignore the nightmare he just had, but to no avail. He had only tried for 10 minutes, but what can he say? He's an impatient little fella.

He groaned and hopped out of his bed. He waddled his short legs to the door and opened it, thankfully it didn't make a sound.

His door was probably the quietest out of everyone's, Trophy's being the complete opposite. If you nudged the door even a tiny bit, it would squeak. The hinges were absolutely beat up, while Cheesy's were polished and shiny. Trophy never took any time to take care of his room.

Trophy's room was only a floor above Cheesy's, but he could sometimes hear it in the daytime when he was in his room, that's how loud it was.

Continuing... Cheesy looked down the dark empty hallway. He could barely see anything, partly because it was so dark and partly because of his horrible eyesight.

He had always needed glasses ever since he was a kid, but his parents never took him to an optometrist because they believed "hospitals have a cure for anything and everything, but they won't give it to you because they would lose a customer".

To be honest, he had gotten used to the blurriness of everything. He thought it was normal.

Then he finally got to the elevator. He was about to open it when he spotted a sign in his dark and blurry vision.

He squinted his eyes and somehow, actually read what was on the sign. The elevator was closed. He was pretty disappointed because he would always use the elevator due to falling down the stairs one too many times as a kid because of his horrible eyesight, Mari style.

He only used the stairs when he needed to or when he felt like it was most efficient, and even then he would still try to use the elevator. But other times he'd just forget about his terrible eyesight and just walk down anyway.

He waddled his way over to the stairs and walked down them slowly so he wouldn't fall, because he could barely see the steps under his feet.

Step after step after step, everything was going well. He decided to start walking faster, but that turned out to be a horrible mistake.

He went to take a step down, but his foot grazed the corner of the step and down to the next one, making him lose balance.

He fell forward, and prepared for impact, but instead of falling he felt someone grab the back of his shirt, preventing him from falling.