chapter 3(edited)

All the members were standing in Dino’s room right now. Some looked worried but some held an expressionless face. Their leader took the lead and gave instructions to the second oldest.

Scoups: Jeonghan hurry call the ambulance, we don't have time. And call our manager as well. I will carry Dino to the living room.
Jeonghan left the room as soon as the eldest was done speaking. He was making the calls as quickly as possible, worried for their maknae. Meanwhile, in Dino’s room, members are having a heated discussion.
The8 (sounding unfazed by the situation): Hyung, I think you are overreacting. Give him some medicine and let him be in the bed. He will get better on his own.
Scoups could not believe what he was hearing. Yes, he knew that they had drifted away from their maknae from the last month or so, but he did not know that the differences were to this extent. He was not able to suppress his anger and glared at Hao.
Scoups: Hao, can’t you see, he can’t even keep his head up, his nose is bleeding. And you want me to leave him here in this state. Are you out of your freaking mind?
The8 (still not grasping the seriousness of the situation): Hyung nothing happened to him, he is just an attention seeker like always.
Scoups (Angrily): WHAT!!! HAO JUST GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU.
Scoups turned his face around going to pick Dino when he heard a slap resounding in the room.  He turned around and saw all the members had a shocked face. The8 had a hand on his left cheek with a shocked face as well because he couldn’t comprehend what happened to him.
In front of Hao, stood Joshua who had slapped the8 and tears were flowing down his face. Joshua held a disappointed look in his eyes and was about to say something, but Jeonghan came back before he could say a word.

Jeonghan: Coups, the ambulance is on its way. I called manager Hyung as well.  He sounded so angry, but he is coming right now.

Scoups gave no heed to what was happening in the room and walked out carrying Dino with him.
Some of the members were really shocked by the words that came out of The8’s mouth and how much hate those words carried. Seungkwan was the first one to break the silence and ask the question that was on almost everyone’s mind.

Seungkwan: Hyung, what you just said in front of Scoups Hyung is a joke, right?
The8 (still fuming from inside due to the slap): Why would I joke about something like this, Kwan?
Vernon (confused by Hyung’s behavior): Hyung this is not right, why are you behaving like this?
Seungkwan (almost crying): Hyung I respect you a lot, but I am so disappointed in you right now. I just hope you don’t regret what you said in the future.
Saying this, Seungkwan and Vernon left the room, and the others were shocked yet again as their third youngest had never spoken like this to the other members before. But most of them knew where he was coming from.
There was one other member who shared the same feelings as The8 and felt like all this was an unnecessary drama.
Woozi (throwing his hands up): Wow, all of this just because a brat is sick.
Hoshi (angered by this statement, screamed): SHUT UP LEE JIHOON
Hoshi and Joshua left the room so that they could go to the hospital with Chan. Mingyu and DK took a bag and kept some of Dino’s clothes in it and then left the room too. Only four members were in the room including The8 and Woozi who were still feeling the anger in their veins. The other two were Jun and Wonwoo, who were worried for Dino but decided to stay behind, so the situation do not escalate. These two have sided with Hao and Woozi in the past too to keep them somewhat calm so that they do not do something worse in their anger.  Jun and Wonwoo knew they were in the wrong too but did not dare to say it out loud in front of the other two.
Jun (wanting to divert others’ minds): I am going to cook, who wants to eat?
The8, Woozi, Wonwoo: me
Jun: I will cook for all of you.

IN THE LIVING ROOM
Dino is becoming paler with every passing minute, and his fever is not going down. Scoups is sitting on the couch with Dino’s head on his lap waiting for the ambulance anxiously. Most of the members are gathered around him, with worried expressions on their faces.
Scoups: I'm really worried right now. I just wish it is not too late.
Joshua (pacing around): We took him for granted and neglected him so much that we didn’t see him suffering.
Then the doorbell rang and Mingyu rushed to open the door. Their manager arrived and he had a deadly look on his face. His face changed to a worried look when he saw how pale and fragile Dino was looking.
Manager: Cheol, go with Chan, the ambulance is down. Take him to the hospital right away. I need to talk to others and come to the hospital as soon as possible.
Scoups: Yes, Hyung
Scoups picked Dino up once again and left the dorms as soon as he could. The manager turned to face the members and noticed some of them were missing.
Manager: Where are the others? Call all of them here RIGHT NOW.
He could not control his anger anymore and screamed at the end. He knew that the elder members were not taking care of their maknae properly, but he thought it was because of their comeback. He thought they were busy, and it was just a phase that would pass by. But yesterday’s incident and seeing Dino’s today broke all the misconceptions he had.
All the members were frozen at their place after hearing him scream and nobody moved to call other members. But his screaming voice was heard by the members in the room as well. They came into the living room on their own.
Woozi (not seeing their manager):  aghh, who is screaming again? Why are you all making such a big deal out of this?
This was the last straw for the manager as all the hell broke loose when he heard this.
Manager: ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW, WOOZI? DO ALL OF YOU HAVE AN OUNCE OF SHAME LEFT IN YOUR BODY?  ONE OF YOU, THAT TOO YOUR MAKNAE IS SERIOUSLY ILL THIS HE HAS TO BE TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL AND YOU THINK IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL. HAVE SOME CONSCIENCE AS A HUMAN BEING AT LEAST.
The four that came from the room stood frozen as well now along with other members. Some of them were on the verge of tears and others had their faces hung low. They knew every word thrown at them was true. Their manager took a deep breath and then continued.
Manager: Have any of you seen how much Dino has been suffering lately?  He has been working double from any of you because of your guys’ comeback and his solo. This was the time he needed you guys the most. He needed your guidance and assurance as your youngest. What did you people do huh? Instead of helping him some of you fought with him and others forgot his existence.
A long silence stretched in the room as all the members were processing what their manager Hyung had said. Some of them had tears flowing down their faces.  No one dared to speak a word. The manager brushed his hand over his face feeling disappointed and frustrated, then he spoke again.
Manager:  Yesterday he went to the practice room, even though he was not feeling good. None of you were there BECAUSE THE FREAKING PRACTICE WAS CANCELLED TO GIVE ALL SOME TIME TO REST.  BUT NO ONE INFORMED THAT POOR GUY. He wanted to stay at home to but did not want to be a burden for you all. So, what do you think he did huh? He practiced for his solo while he was waiting for you all. He wanted to make you all proud, the people who didn’t even care for him.
He paused for a minute and Woozi tried to say something.
Manager: I am not done yet Woozi-ah. He practiced all day and was not able to walk by the night. So, he called me, otherwise even I wouldn’t have been able to help him.  He understood you guys forgot him once again, but he defended you guys in front of me. He cried silently in the car and kept mumbling to himself that you guys are not ignoring him, that it is all because you are busy due to the comeback. I helped him to the dorms and wished one of you would be there to care for him through the night. But I think I was just too wishful.
Shaking his head towards the members and cleaning his tearful eyes, he left from there to the hospital.
All the members were crying by now, including Woozi and The8. They both had their reasons for not liking Dino in the past, but they were not stone-hearted.
Jeonghan: We can’t stay here contemplating the past. We must go to the hospital now.
That took the members out of their thoughts, and they left for the hospital too.  They arrived there in half an hour and saw their eldest sitting in the waiting area near the ICU. Joshua went to sit on the chair next to him and kept a comforting hand on his shoulder.
Joshua: Coups-ah, where is Dino?
Scoups: They took him inside the ICU as he was still not waking up.
All the members heard this too and were just praying for their maknae to wake up. They waited for the doctor to get any update about his condition. A doctor came out of the room after some time, but he held a tense expression.
Doctor: Who is here for Lee Chan?
Scoups (rushing to the doctor): Me doctor, I am his Hyung. How is he?
Doctor: If you are his Hyung, can you tell how his condition got so worse? Well, we will discuss this later when he wakes up. Right now, there is bad news about his health.
All the members didn't like what they heard after that.