chapter 7(edited)

After Woozi left angrily, Dino came out of the bathroom, his clothes changed and his face a little swollen. Scoups and Hoshi didn't say anything and helped their Maknae to get in his bed. Then they both wished him good night and left the room.

Hoshi filled in Scoups about what happened in the day and the leader was beyond pissed. Then they both went to sleep as well.

In the morning

Dino woke up, and he was sneezing. He came to the kitchen after freshening up and sneezed again. Mingyu was in the kitchen making breakfast for everyone.

Mingyu (Endearingly): Chan-ah, you must take care of yourself, so you don't catch a cold.

Dino: Okay, Hyung

Dino gave a little smile to Mingyu and didn't say much after that. He started to help Hyung with the breakfast. Slowly everyone woke up and came to eat breakfast. Mingyu noticed how there was no chaos at the breakfast table like usual.

Mingyu: Why are you all so silent?

Woozi: Because I don't want to waste my energy on some people who do not have respect for my time and energy.

Mingyu: What are you talking about? I don't understand.

Woozi (angrily): You should ask this question to our Maknae, I have no patience for this.

All the members were stunned by the scene unfolding in front of them as not all of them were aware of the things that happened yesterday. Dino was sitting there with his head hanging low. Minghao, who was annoyed with Dino as well, jumped into the conversation.

Minghao (sarcastically): Oh Hyung, wait. Don't say anything to our precious Maknae, otherwise the members will take his side again and come to his defense. You know, Dino can never be wrong in their eyes.

Hao was rolling his eyes while saying all this and Woozi was agreeing to his every word. Scoups and Hoshi who were about to say something, stayed silent after hearing Minghao, their thoughts got conflicted. But there was one person who still came in Dino's defense.

Wonwoo (raising his voice): I don't know what happened, but this is still not the way to talk to one of your members, that too to the youngest.

Woozi (Angry): You were right Minghao, they will defend him without even knowing what he did. Wonwoo, you are raising your voice at me because of this brat. Great, now we are fighting because of you.

Woozi glared at Dino and blamed him for what was happening. All of the other members stayed silent at their place, not knowing what to say anymore.

Dino, who could not take it anymore, stood up from his place and turned his tear-stained face towards Woozi.

Dino: Hyung, I am sorry for making you wait and forgetting about it, I didn't mean to. Minghao Hyung you were right, I am a useless person, so please don't fight with each other because of me. Hyungs, they didn't do anything wrong; I was the one at fault. Sorry!

Then Dino left the room, not caring about the tears or some of the stunned faces looking at him sympathetically.

Since then, Dino became so silent that it was easy for the members to forget about him. Dino consciously made an effort to fade into the background so that the members would not be bothered by his presence, and he succeeded in doing that.

End of flashback

Dino's mom and dad were filled with so much more regret and sorrow after hearing what happened to their son. Some of the members were hearing the full story for the first time as well as nobody dared to bring that topic into discussions. Dino's mom was crying and praying to God for her son's health.

Jun: We failed to protect him, to take care of our Maknae our baby brother. We are so sorry, uncle and aunt that we cannot express in words.

The doctor came to check on Dino again and told them that Dino was slightly better. But still, it will take a few days for him to wake up and recover. He told them to go home as there was no meaning in waiting there and then left.

Dino's parents did not want to leave their son, but the members and the manager convinced them that they would keep them updated on Dino's condition. Dino's parents were not fully convinced but they saw regret and guilt in other members' faces whom they considered as their own son as well. So, they left the hospital praying for their child's health.

Manager: Why don't you guys go change your clothes and take some rest as well? I will stay here.

Joshua: No, Hyung, we want to be by his side. We don't want to disappoint him once again when he wakes up.

Seventeen waited for Dino to wake up, and they canceled all of their schedules for the next 2 days. They stayed in the waiting room and some of the members went to get a change of clothes and something to eat for all of them.

Two days passed like this, but Chan didn't wake up. His parents, came every day to visit him, stayed a few hours, and asked the group to head home while they were there, to take showers and rest a bit. The members protested but agreed when Dino's dad joked a little that they were starting to smell.

Then they came to the hospital, as fast as they could, and Dino's parents left. Five days went by, and this became a routine for them.

The doctor allowed them to go inside Dino's room after the fifth day, as his body had almost recovered.

So Woozi went in first, as he wanted to apologize to their Maknae and see for himself that he was okay. He saw Dino lying there hooked up to some machines to check his vitals and an IV. He looked so peaceful. Woozi dragged a chair near his bed and sat on it, holding Dino's hand. He sat there in silence, not able to utter a word, just looking at Dino. Then a tear slid down his cheek and he spoke.

Woozi: Hyung is sorry, Dino-ah. Please wake up.

He kept his head down on Dino's hand and cried his heart out. Then he drifted to sleep, exhaustion catching up to him.

Members wanted to see Dino as well, but Woozi was taking too long. So, they went inside to see what was happening. A smile came on their faces after seeing the scene in front of them. They left the room silently, not wanting to wake Woozi up. But of course, DK took a photo before leaving the room.

Dino POV

Why is it dark? where am I? My eyes are feeling so heavy, and my head is hearting a bit. I am trying to open my eyes, but I can't. I am feeling some wetness on my hand. Someone is apologizing to me and asking me to wake up. I am trying to wake up as well, but my exhaustion won and I drifted to the deep slumber again.

End Dino's POV