chapter 9(edited)

Dino was sleeping peacefully and Wonwoo was sitting near him reading a book. The members came back in after some time and talked with low voices because they didn't want to wake up Dino.

(All of them whispering)

Wonwoo: Will we tell him that we know about his illness? And we must apologize to him.

Scoups: Yes, we will tell him because he will feel hurt if we lie to him. One thing we can do for him is, to be honest with him after what we have done to him.

Jeonghan: We will apologize, that goes without saying but for now, his health is our priority. We will take care of him, and when he gets better, we will all have a talk with him.

Joshua: Yeah, we can't hurry to discuss all this because he is not stable physically and emotionally.

Everyone agreed with what the eldest members said and dispersed slowed. Woozi and Hao stayed next to Dino's bed while he was sleeping.

Jun, Mingyu, Seungkwan, and Vernon were sitting on the sofa.

Scoups and Jeonghan went to a restaurant to bring lunch for other members.

Wonwoo was lying down next to Dino on the bed while Joshua, Hoshi, and DK were at the doctor's office to learn details about Dino's illness and how they could help him.

After two hours

Dino POV

What's this feeling, I am feeling warm.

Someone is cuddling me, and I love this feeling.

I lifted my head to see who was with me on the bed.

Oh, It's Wonwoo Hyung, he didn't leave me alone.

Then I looked around and saw almost all the members were there too. I am so overwhelmed by the emotions I am feeling.

Are they waiting for me to wake up? I didn't want to burden them like this. Later I will ask them to go and do what they need to do. But for now, I don't want them to leave.

End dino POV.

While Dino was lost in his thoughts, The doctor came in to check on him.

Doctor (smiled seeing him awake): Chan.

Wonwoo was cuddling Dino in his sleep and all the other members were sleeping as well, so Dino signaled the doctor to speak at a lower volume.

Dino: Yes, doctor.

Doctor: How are you feeling now?

Dino: I feel better. I don't feel dizzy anymore.

Doctor: That's good. I am just here to check your vitals.

Dino (nodding): I wanted to ask you, have you told my parents or the members about my illness?

Doctor: You don't have to worry about that right now, Chan. Focus on recovering fast. But I will tell you that they were really scared and worried for you. You know a lot of people care about you, Chan. You should share your worries with at least one person, you don't have to keep it to yourself. They will all be happy to share your worries with you, you are not a burden to them, and I have seen this with my own eyes in the last few days you were here.

Dino was shocked. How did the doctor know about his feelings? He has come to this doctor since his illness was diagnosed but he never shared what he was going through.

Doctor (Chuckled a bit): Chan, don't be so shocked. I know you never said anything like this to me, but you are not the first patient I have treated. The day-to-day experience with different people gives you the ability to read them. You are one of a kind and the most selfless person I have ever seen in my life. Never wanting to bother anyone and coming to all the appointments alone, kind of gave you away. You should learn to prioritize yourself, kid.

Doctor patted his hair and Dino's eyes watered.

Dino (taking a deep breath): I want to be selfish sometimes you know, like demand for things from my Hyungs. (He chuckled) But then I see them working so hard, giving their one hundred percent while they are dealing with their problems. So, I always take a step back not wanting to put more burden on their shoulders you know. I appreciate what they are already doing for me.

Tears were falling from his eyes and the doctor was giving him a sympathetic smile.

Suddenly Wonwoo's hands tightened around him.

Wonwoo woke up when the doctor came inside the room, but he didn't want Chan to know. So, he pretended to sleep. He heard everything Dino and the doctor said but could not keep pretending after the last thing that came out of Dino's mouth. His heart hurt for Dino, so he hugged him tightly.

Wonwoo: You are not a burden, don't you ever say that again, okay? You are my little brother, an important part of my life. I can't even imagine my life without you in it.

Wonwoo cleaned Dino's tears and caressed his hair endearingly.

Wonwoo: Dino-ah when you used to come to me for anything, my heart burst with happiness because I love it when you relied on me. Don't you ever think for a minute that we don't like it when you come to us. Okay?

Dino cried harder after hearing what Hyung told him and hugged Wonwoo tighter.

Dino (hiccupped): Hyung... Are you sure it won't be a trouble for you?

Wonwoo: Chan, we made a mistake when we unintentionally ignored you, but we love you more than you think. You can never be a trouble to us. You are "Uri Maknae".

They both smiled at that, and the doctor was happy to see this interaction as well.

Doctor: I will take your leave now. Chan, you will be discharged tomorrow if you're your vitals stay good like they are now.

Dino (Happy): Okay, Doctor. Thank you for everything.

Doctor: You don't have to thank me; it is my duty.

The doctor left after that, and silence came over the room.

All this time, Wonwoo and Dino didn't notice that all the members were awake were awake as well.