chapter 5(edited)

After the doctor left, they were all sitting in the waiting room and told everything that the doctor had said about Dino's health.

Mom: Was any of you aware of his illness?

Scoups (head still hanging low): No aunt, the doctor told us just now before you came.

Mom (sorrowful): Oh, okay. So, he never told you guys as well. Oh, this boy, what would I do with him? Why is he keeping everything to himself? But how did he reach this level?

All the members were silent, afraid of Dino's parents' reaction. They knew they were not able to protect their son. In fact, they are the reason why their son is in the hospital.

Jeonghan: Dino has been overworking for some time because of his solo and our comeback. We did not take care of him, and he overexerted his body. He had some conflicts with the members, which led to other things, and we were ignorant of his health. We are ashamed of ourselves, and we are very sorry, Aunt.

Joshua: As his Hyungs, we promised you to take care of him, and we failed to fulfil our promise. We are so sorry. Please forgive us.

Dino's mom was crying and did not say anything. She was feeling guilty as she did not know about her son's illness, but she was feeling upset with the members. All of them are like sons to her, so she stayed quiet, not wanting to scold them.

Sensing his wife's silence, Dino's dad asked the question that had been bothering him for a long time now.

Dad: What happened between all of you, for you to ignore him? I know you guys were unaware of his illness, but you should have stopped him from overworking himself.

All the members were speechless once again. All of them knew that The8 and Woozi were the ones who had major conflicts with Dino. But they did not want to speak on their behalf, so they were waiting for The8 to say something. Another voice came from behind them, and they were all startled.

Woozi came when Dino's dad was asking the question.

Woozi: I don't know when it all started, but I remember the day when it all intensified that it got out of hand.

Scoups: When did you come back?

Woozi: Just a moment ago.

Hoshi: Dino has von Willebrand disease, Woozi Hyung, and he did not tell anyone about it.

Woozi was shocked when the members filled him in on everything the doctor had said. His guilt was tenfold now, and he was not able to make eye contact with Dino's parents.

Dad: He didn't even tell us, but we talk about this when he walks up. Right now, I want to know about what has been going on with you all. Hoon, continue what you are saying.

Flashback

Dino: Woozi Hyung, I wrote something. Will you have a look, please?

Woozi was sitting in his studio, busy as always with a ton load of songs to edit and present to the company. Still, he always tries to help the members whenever they need anything. He is on edge these days due to the workload but tries not to take out his stress on others.

Woozi: Sure, I will have a look after I finish this. Come back to me later tonight, ok? Don't forget like last time and keep me waiting here.

Dino: Sorry again for last time Hyung, and I will come on time.

He left the studio and went towards the dance studio where Hao and Hoshi were practising one of their songs.

In the Practice Room (Before Dino Came)