Chapter 4 (Threat)

Mai POV

"I can't go home Naru! If I can help in even the slightest then that's what I'm going to do! I might not know as much magic as Monk, I'm not as smart as you but I am useful. I have my talents just like everyone standing before me."

"We're not saying you're useless, it's just you seam to have a connection to this case, and not a good one may I add." Monk butted in. He has always been a good friend, he's more like a brother to me then anything else.

"All stay with Monk at all times, I won't leave he's side if that's what your worried about."

"I'm just concerned about your health, you have a tendency to jump at things head on."

"He has a point you know" Ayako stepped in for the first time today.

"Not you too! Come on, is everyone against me on this?" I got a whole round of 'yeahs' and 'yeses' "fine, all just go home, I understand. You guys are just looking out for me and I appreciate it."

"Mai, it's-" Monk started but I cut him off.

"No, Monk it's ok!" I will admit, I'm a little mad that they are trying to send me home but I'm not going to take it out on them. All just go home and spend time with my cat. How depressing does that sound?

Monk's POV

I feel bad for Mai, having to send her home like that but it's not safe here for her. I mean she witnessed a spirt killing someone in her dream as it happened. "Come on Mai, all drop you off at your apartment" I just got a small nod of her head. We both walked up to the van and hopped in. "Don't be like that Mai, You said it yourself, you have a bad feeling about this case. Isn't it best that you go home and just sit this one out? Just this one, I promise, for me?"

"Your right, I should just go home and rest, you guys can take care of this case and all be all ready for the next one."

"That's what I like to hear! Now let's get you home and settled so I can go back and kick some butt!"

"Sounds like a plan!" She started to laugh, and in the end she was back to her old self once again. After about twenty minutes of driving we finally made it to her building.

"Are you good from here or do you want me to walk you up?"

"No need to do that, I'm good, bye Monk!"

"See yah later Mai!"

Third POV

Mai walked up the stairs to her apartment, she grabbed her keys when She reached her door number. 'That was really nice of Monk' Mai thought as She unlocked the door and kicked off her shoes. As soon as she opened the door a vile stench reached her nose. 'What is that smell?" She thought to her self as she walked deeper into her apartment.

Mai POV (I suck at writing in third POV.... Hehe)

"What is that smell" it smells like something died, I sweat dropped, please don't let me have rats. Walking towards the kitchen to open the windows I saw a small ball of fur curled up on the floor. "Opel?" She didn't even move, she usually so excited when I get home. I bent down to rub her soft fur when I realized that the stench was coming from her. "Opel?!" I quickly flipped her over but regretting it instantly. Their laid my poor cat...dead... In a pool of her own blood. I couldn't help myself, I picked her up, not caring about the blood seeping through my clothes. I was knocked out of my thoughts when I herd footsteps making their way from my hall way. I set Opel down and grabbed a kitchen knife from the stand above my head. "Who's their?" I was left in silence for a few seconds. When I herd laughter, it clicked that I was not alone in my home. With the knife still in my hand I made a brake for the front door.

"Not so fast." The Anonymous voice said right above my left shoulder. I was petrified from my own fear. What was I supposed to do now? Their was a attacker standing right behind me, no doubt waiting for the right time to attack. I got to think of something fast. But what? Theirs pretty much nothing I can do right now, maybe if I cooperate he won't do anything drastic. "I asked you a question! Answer me when I'm talking to you!" Before I even had the chance to answer he picked up he's hand and hit me right on my cheek. I started to cry, feeling so worthless. How do I always get myself in these kinds of messes? What have I done to deserve this? "I'm going to ask you again, do you know why I am here?" He expects me to know why he's doing this to me. I feel stupid just standing next to him.

"How am I supposed to know why you broke into my house, killed my cat and hit me for know reason at all."

"You've got a mouth on you, don't yah? I've been watching you Mai Taniyama. You have some unique gifts that I just couldn't pass up. Your going to be mine so I can have your gifts as my own."

"Your sick! I'm only in high school, and what are you forty?! Third is know way I will ever willing go with you anywhere. Just wait till my team-" the pervert cut me off before I could say anymore.

"You will not tell anyone about this! Do you hear me?!" I guess as punishment he kicked me to the ground and through another punch to my face. I let out a small groan of pain but refused to show him any weakness.

"What do you want from me? I have done nothing to you!"

"Your parents! They ruined my life! And now that they are gone I have no other choice but to take my anger out on you!"

"My parents died when I was young, other then the pictures on these walls I remember nothing of them! But I do remember that they were the most caring people in the world!"

"Caring people?! Caring people?! Your parents are the reason my daughter and wife are six feet under ground as we speak!" That sent him overboard. He lost all control and started to hit me over and over again. I sat their trying to defend myself but it was no use.

"W-what did my p-parents ever d-do to you that the g-grudge is still c-carried even when they are g-gone?" It was so hard for me to speak, my breathing was uneven, my head was pounding but I lost my ground with the mention of my parents. I haven't had to talk about them in a long time and to bring them up so suddenly caught me desperately off guard.

"They killed my wife and daughter because they were afraid of what they could do." I laid their listening as I tried to regain my breath and not focus on the pain I was in. "My daughter was just like you, could do everything you can, but my wife. She was the stronger out of the pair. She had the same powers but much more Advanced. Your parents saw my family as a threat and eliminated them the first chance they got." My parents killed two people off a whim? No, just no. They would never do that, they were to loving.

"How dare you speak wrong about my parents, I am sorry if what you say is true but I will not lay her and listen to you go talk about the people I love that way" I don't care if I get hurt even more, I can't just sit here and take that. Now matter how much it hurt, I got to my feet and stood my ground.

***************************

I always have to go back and add the authors note at the end cause I forget. Anyways, I felt bad about not updating in a while so I updated two days in a row! Go me! Thanks for all the reads and votes it means the world!

Vote
Comment
Follow

Till next time!