Chapter 8(Virus and Your Hand Fits In Mine)

Mai's POV

Recap:

"So Mai, what happened?" That's the question I was dreading to hear. How do you tell your friends/family that your being attacked by a killer that can control spirits and hold a grudge for years?

End Of Recap

"If it's all the same to you guys, I rather not talk about it now" I looked down at my bed sheets. There not the typical white I expected to see, instead it was my blanket from home, who did this? And how did I not notice this before?

"We understand, we can talk about it later." Monk said. I nodded and suddenly felt tired. I tried to shake it off. It went away for a little and I tried to ack normal. Ayako was talking to me when I suddenly interrupted her,

"I think I'm going to-" I was cut off by a blinding white light and then blackness, what's going on? It feels like my head is on fire.

Unconscious

'I told you Id find you' I could recognize that voice anywhere, the guy that attacked me. 'I won't stop intel I destroy you.'

'How are you inside my head' he smirked as I winced.

'As I said, my wife and daughter were not the only ones to have unique gifts'

'What d-did I e-ever do to you, it was my p-parents fault' I breathed out. The searing pain kept getting worse and worse. Like wild fire it was spreading across my whole body. 'What are y-you doing to m-me?" I held my arms to my chest and tightly closed my eyes.

'You will feel pain like no other. A virus is spreading its self through your body, destroying your white blood cells. It slowly kills you off to ensure you feel the pain. This is the exact virus your parents gave to my wife and daughter. I sat there in front of them and watched as they suffered, I couldn't do anything. Your parents were cruel beings. Your first run a very high fever, then it moves down your whole body leaving your hart last. It's a very vicious way to go' I don't believe what he's saying. All I remember is happy times with my parents. What he's saying is not true.

'Your insane,how did you give my the virus, you w-won't get a-away with this.' The same blinding white light came over me again. Why am I waking up? The last thing I herd was,

'Unique gifts my dear, ones like no other'

Naru's POV

I feel so worthless! I always know everything about everyone and yet I know nothing of what happened to my friend, no, she's more then just a friend. I love her. I love Mai. I would never admit to it but seeing her like this, laying in that bed made me realize that I have to hold the ones I love close and my enemies closer. Their are so many threats out there that go unnoticed. I didn't think it was possible for something like this to happen till it actually did. I was careless.

"I think I'm going to-" Mia started but never finished. I glanced over and saw her sleeping in her bed. She didn't look peaceful like she always is sleeping though, she looked like she was in pain. Her face was scrunched up, sweat dripping down her brow. Something wasn't right.

"Mai!" I ran up to her bed side and grabbed her hand. It was burning, like on fire. What is this?! I touched her for head and it was the same result. "Call the nurse" I watched as Monk ran out of the room screaming for a nurse. Moments later he came back with a young women. Mai was wheeled out of the room while doctors Surrounded her. We all followed.

"She's having some sort of reaction to something, we need to get some ice to cool her down." One of the many doctors called out. "Hey sweetie, everything's going to be fine ok? Were just going to do some tests to see what's the matter." She woke up? I got as close as I could to see what was happening.