Cnapter 7 (I Know More Facts Then You Do!)

Mai's POV

Recap

"H-hi" it's still hard to talk, there's a huge pressure in my chest, like something's Weighing me down. Opening my eyes made my smile. All my friends are here, even...

Recap done.

My friends from school, I wonder how they even knew? I saw Naru smile from the corner of my eye, not a smirk. I genuine smile that had hart and warmth behind it, he was truly glad that I was ok. Something inside me fluttered, do I actually have feelings for my narcissistic boss? It doesn't seem possible.

"Hey Mai, your up. How you feeling?" I looked the opposite way to see Monk smiling down at me. He's standing up against the wall with one hand in his pocket. I smiled.

"You know, could be doing better, so... Peachy" everyone laughed a little,Lin even chuckled. There's a awkward silence going around so I decided to try to lighten it.
"Did you know that the color yellow is just a allusion? It's actually are brains trying to decipher weather it's green or red, so we see yellow." Looking around I saw everyone giving me the 'what the heck?' And 'she must have brain damage' looks. I just laughed at my lame attempt to rid the awkwardness, I most likely made it worse.

"Where did that come from?" John asked from over next to Naru.

"It's just a thought I had, did you know that it's impossible not to think about anything? Your always thinking about something." Everyone had these concentration faces on, they all looked constipated.

"What's with all the facts?" I shrugged. Then a idea pooped into my head.

"Naru, let's see who can think of the most facts with out getting a brain fart!"

"Ok, 90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right." What?

"How and why do you know this?" He just smirked, two can play at this game. "An earthquake on Dec. 16, 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backwards!" He smirked again.

"Approximately 70,000 people in the U.S. are both blind and deaf"

"Now that's just sad" frowning I said the next fun fact. "Black Whales are born white."

"That should be considered racism, A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball made of rubber."

"A man once sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted." Everyone laughed, you should be happy you survived longer.

"An ounce of platinum can be stretched 10,000 feet."

"Buttermilk does not contain any butter." I said laughing. Naru laughed a little too.

"C3PO is the first character to speak in Star Wars."

"He's right I actually looked that up." Monk said. He came over and sat at the foot of my bed. I smiled at him.

"Coconuts kill more people in the world than sharks do. Approximately 150 people are killed each year by coconuts." This is so much fun, everyone just hanging around laughing. It almost doesn't seem like where in the hospital.

"Last one for each of us so make it count. Half of all identity thieves are either relatives, friends, or neighbors of their victims."

"In ten minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined!"

"How did you guys know all that stuff, it was so random?" Ayako spoke up.

"I was board one weekend so I looked up a whole bunch of interesting facts."

"I'm just that smart" Naru glanced at me after he said that and smiled. I don't get it, why is he being all caring and funny. It's nice and all but it's starting to freak me out.

"Ahh Mai, your up. How are you feeling? Any pains?" The doctor asked as soon as he walked through the door.

"My chest and leg hurts a little but that's about it, it was hard to talk when I first woke up but the pain slowly went away the more I used my voice."

"That's good to hear, I'm going to give you some pain killers and check up on you later."

"Sounds good"

"So Mai, what happened?" That's the question I was dreading to hear. How do you tell your friends/family that your being attacked by a killer that can control spirits and hold a grudge for years?

***********************

Sorta a filler chapter today but still important to the story. Soooooo cute! Mai and Naru getting all competitive together, I totally just looked up random fun facts. Wish I was that smart! Hope you liked today's short update. Thanks for reading and all update again soon!

Follow
Vote
Comment
Share

Bey you guys! Till Next Time!