Chapter 20 (Inner Demons)

Mai POV

It's been about a week since the accident at the hospital and everyone is tip toeing around me like a broken china doll. One wrong move or loud noise and they think I'll brake into seemingly unfixable pieces. I'm ashamed to say that maybe their
right. I have become so weak and helpless that it's sickening. It seams like can't do anything for myself anymore. Yes, my home was broken into and my cat was killed. Yes, I was brutally assaulted and essentially poisoned. Yes, I am now terrified to go outside under the fear that I will see his face but, no; I am not broken. Just a bit torn. Nothing that is unfixable in time. My mind is constantly racing with untamed thoughts with even more rambunctious answers. Answers. Maybe that is all I need. Closure for what has happened in order to move on with life but, how can one move on knowing such a dark secrete? My parents, no matter how much I loved them, murdered two people just because they were scared. They killed them because they had supernatural powers. The same powers that I possess now. Would they have killed me, their own daughter? I will most likely never know the answer. I want to believe that they would have accepted me but, the more I think about it they more unlikely it seams. I began to question all the happy memories that I once shared with them, for they might have all been a lie. A cover up for there true motive. This man buried his beliefs deep into my mind. Why does he have such a great effect on me? Is it because deep down I know it to be true. That two years ago I knew something was wrong? The way they acted up till there death; cautious, always looking behind their shoulder. Nervous glances at each other when ever we went on a family outing. I should have question them and asked what was wrong, if I did, then maybe none of this would have happened. I could of tracked down their last family member and make my parents fix their wrongs. Yes, maybe the would have gone to jail; but at least then they would would have been alive. If I did make that decisionthen I might have never met Naru, Monk, John, Ayako or Masako. I would have probably been to afraid to even think about going into that old school house. I would have never knocked down Naru's camera and never have gotten this job. I would have never met any of my best friends or the person I love. I love Naru more then anything and the thought of not meeting him makes me sick. If I had the choice would I go back and try to keep my parents alive or would choose to meet my best friends? In present time right now I would have picked my friends without a second hesitation. They have done so much for me. They have literally become my whole life but, back than the decision would not have come so easily. I would have most likely picked my parents because they were the only constant in my life. Everything was changing back than and all I really wanted was stability. They gave me that without a doubt and now here I am questioning their love for me. I can easily say that going into that old school house was easily the best decision I have ever made. I wouldn't change it for anything. They would do anything for me. I love each one of them so much and would do anything to make them smile, hear their laugh and help be a source of light in their lives. I have failed in that dream. Lately I have only caused them hart brake and misery. They don't deserve that; especially Naru and Monk. I am just a burden and they deserve better. So much better then what I can give.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry about not updating! I have been terribly busy and also working on a new story.

Anybody reading this a Iron man/ Avengers fan?

I am absolutely in love with the Avengers and decided to try and write my own fan fiction about them.

I only have the first chapter and half of the first one but I am liking how it is going.

Anyways back to this story. This chapter is a little different from the previous ones and I hope you liked it, (it may be one of my favorite chapters so far) I like the way it flows. Anyways;

Thank you like always for reading and don't forget to comment ideas!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Till next time!