Chapter 9 (I Love You)

Mai POV

Dream

I feel so peaceful and calm, not at all like I thought I would feel. I thought the man would come back and try to hurt me again, is it because Naru's here? Because I feel so at peace? This dream is so relaxing, there's nothing here to worry about, I can just sleep like a normal person. When I was first attacked my thoughts were 'I need my friends, I need there help' I can't always rely on my friends, I need to learn how to defend myself cause their not always going to be there. I'm always causing them trouble, always getting into trouble and it just stresses them out. I know they love me and I love them but I need to be more independent. I stared to feel warm tears run down my face. All the memories of all the times I have gotten hurt, had to be saved, jump to conclusions. It's all my fault. What started out as a good dream ended up worse then my visions.

Naru POV

I stayed in Mai's hospital room the whole night like I said I would. I was reading up on some old files when I heard Mai start to cry. Glancing over I saw tears pour out of her eyes and she was shaking. I quickly got out of my chair and grabbed her hand. "Mai?" She didn't answer, she just kept crying. I decided to shake her a little to jolt her awake, and it work. She tried to sit up but I calmly pushed her back down, she shouldn't get up so fast. She kept crying and wouldn't look me in the eye. "Mai? What happened? You had a nightmare." She didn't even glance at me, she pulled the blanket over her hair and just laid there. I could still here her small whimpers and cries, and it broke my heart. "If you tell me what happened I can help you?" She stopped crying for a second but then started all over again, this time getting a few words out.

"It's all m-my f-fault"

"Nothing's your fault. Why would you say that?" She got out from underneath the covers and looked up at me. I smiled down at her. She looks so pale yet is so cute and beautiful in my eyes. I decided that when she is finally healthy I'm going to tell her how I feel, she has enough to worry about now. She was still shaking so I sat on her bed and rubbed circles on her hand. I'm not good at comforting people, but I think I'm doing ok.

"I'm s-scared"

"What are you scared about?"

"Because I-it hurts" she's in pain and I can't take it away.

"What hurts? I can get a doctor." She shook her head.

"W-What ever that man put I-inside me is hurting."

"I know and I'm sorry. I should have protected you more, been there when you needed someone the most." She started to tear up again.

"T-that's the thing though. I d-don't always want to rely on you guys."

"You can always rely on us. We are there for you no matter what. We are one big family and nothing can change that."

"I d-don't get it. Why are you acting s-so compassionate and s-soulful right now? Your always so emotionless, I d-don't understand."

"I've learned what my priorities are. The tough emotionless shell I always wear? That's just an act. These are my true emotions, my true self Mai. I put that on so I can protect the ones I love, I'm always protecting the ones I love" I just confesses everything to the girl laying before me. What is she going to think?

"Naru" I looked in to her big brown eyes and smiled. She started to fall asleep again so I pulled my chair close to her bed and listened "I think I l-love you" she fell asleep after saying the three simple words that meant the world to me. "I love you to, Mai" I fell asleep with a smile on my face and Mai's hand under my head.

*********************************

Really small update that I wanted to get out there! They confessed there love to each other. Cute. Anyways thanks for reading.

Comment
Follow
Vote
Share

Till next time!