Chapter 17 (Hallucinations)

Mai's POV

Blinding white light was all I could see. What the hell happened?! "Your finally waken up, took you long enough," who said that? "Your a real pain, you know?" Opening my eyes I saw my worst nightmare.

"W-what are y-you doing here? What the h-hell happened?" All the lights were off and everything was a mess. "What did y-you do?"

"Like I said, 'your a pain' if the only way for us to be alone was to blow up some stuff well then, so be it" blow up stuff?

"What did you blow up?! Did you set a bomb to this hospital just so we could talk?!" I was slowly regaining my breath. Looking around the room, the door was slug open off the hinges and all the windows are cracked and busted open.

"Your finally catching on." He walked closer to my bed side. What was he going to do this time? "I could just kill you now but," I paled. He took a gun from the back of his belt loop and pushed my hair out of my face. "What would be the fun in that?" He's sick. "All it would take is a slip of a finger." Playing with someone like this just for the fun of it! He leaned over my bed side and stared me straight in the eyes. "You don't look to good, your all pale and sweaty. It's quite gross. Maybe it would be best if my finger slipped after all." I took this as a chance to attack. Leaning my head back I head butted him with as much force as I could. I didn't even check if he was out, I jumped out of bed and started to run, ignoring the pain in my leg the best I could. Something slow and wet dripped down my forehead. Blood. I made it to the end of the hallway, the whole entrance was blocked off.

"Why?! I finally fight back and this is the thanks I get?!" I slid down the wall and cried my heart out. Everything I've been holding inside came out in one solid river. I don't understand what I did wrong.

"Mai?" I froze. Why, what does he want with me?!

"No! Go away! Why won't you leave my alone?!"I clamped my eyes shut and curled up into a ball. "Just go away! I'm sorry my mom and dad hurt you! I'm sorry they killed your family but why are you taking it out on me?! I did nothing wrong!" I screamed. A hand landed on my shoulder and I flinched back. "Please? Leave me alone." Crying is all I can seem to do now, I've given up. I wish he would stop playing with me. With my eyes still shut I leaped up onto my legs and tried to make a run for it. A hand forced me down before I could escape

"Mai? It's me, Monk. Your ok now. Your safe." Monk? Why was he here? He's down in the cafe with the others. "Please open your eyes? It's just me. No one is going to hurt you." It sounds like Monk, but how do I know? I don't want to open my eyes and it be that man. I can't take it anymore. I haven't slept in days cause every time I close my eyes he's there waiting for me. He's just tricking me so all get my hopes up and have them be crushed for his pleasure.

"Please" I whispered. "I'm scared. Just leave me alone! I don't want to be hurt anymore! Please just back away and leave me here."

"Mai? I'm not the one that hurt you. Please understand that I'm Monk, your friend. Please don't be scared but I'm going to pick you up now, ok?" I moved more towards the wall and my mussels locked up. It's not monk. Don't open your eyes. Why can't I get that man out of my mind?! I can no longer tell the difference between a threat and a friend, and it scares me. He picked me up and I flinched. "Mai? It's ok now. Nothing's going to hurt you. We have to get out of here though, ok? We have to climb though this tunnel to get out of here. I need you to open your eyes." This time I opened my eyes but didn't look at the person carrying me, I looked at the tunnel. "I know your scared but I need you to climb through. Can you please do that for me? If not for me then yourself, for your safety." I looked down at my leg. Can I climb through I opening that ragged with my leg? "I know it might hurt your leg but you've gotta try." I nodded and he set me down right In front of the opening. "Naru's right outside this tunnel waiting to help you" Naru.

"You we're I-in my room. Y-you threaten to k-kill me."

"It's ok. Mi know your confused but Just concentrate on getting out of here" I nodded and started to slowly make my way through the uneven path. He was holding my leg so that it wouldn't move the wrong way. "Your doing great Mai! Just a few more steps." He was right, a few seconds later we were out of the cave in and on the other side. I moved out of the way so he could climb out. "That was the hardest part. I'm going to pick you up again ok?" This time I looked him Straight in the eyes. Vision was blurry but I made out this persons face. It was him. Why was he helping me after all this?! Was it so he could kill me somewhere else?!

"No! Leave me alone!" I pushed my self out of the mans arms and onto the floor.

"Mai?! What's wrong? It's just me."

"No your not Monk!" He ignored my statement and picked me up again. I thrashed around and kicked but he wouldn't loosen his grip. Using all my strength I thrashed one more time but ended up passing out from my efforts.

Monk POV

Mai's scared out of her mind. She wouldn't even look at me when I was trying to help. She thought I was the one who hurt her. She must be hallucinating cause I got her to look at me once. She wouldn't even let me hold her. She kept kicking but I wouldn't let her go. "Easy Mai, it's alright."

"Monk!?" Naru called out.

"Over here!" I looked down at Mai to see she passed out in my arms. It's probably for the best.

"Did you get her?! Is Mai ok?!"

"I don't know man. When I tried to help her she was convinced that I was the man that hurt her. She must be hallucinating." He was standing right by my side now checking Mai over for himself. He frowned. "Come on, we have to get out of here." He nodded and I handed Mai over to him. "no way in hell are we putting her back in a hospital" he agreed and we raced back down the stairs and right out the main exit.

"Thank goodness you guys are alright! Is Mai ok?!" Ayako screamed out.

"We don't know yet." Naru said putting everyone in a small state of panic. "Let's all take Mai back to my house. I have the necessary medical equipment."

"Why do you have medical equipment at your house?"

"It's just a Precaution just in case anything like this happened."

"We can all fit in one van so let's go." Lin started to guide us back to the van too assign seating. "Ayako and I will sit up front, Mai, Monk and Naru are to sit in the middle and Masako and john sit in the back" everyone got in first then Naru and I lifted Mai in to her seat, she sat in the middle of us. She was leaning her head on Naru shoulder while we both had are arms around her. A few minutes later Lin pulled the van into Naru's drive way. He's house was big. It had three stories and a nice garden going up the path to the front door. The van was parked and we all hopped out but this time Mai was in my arms.