Chapter 18 (Naru's Place)

Monk POV

Naru opened the front door to his estate effortlessly and led us into the large setting area. The walls were painted a warm cream that had texture as if he took a plastic bag and dabbed along the walls. A large black leather couch sat in the middle of the area with decorative red pillows. In front of the couch was a clear coffee table, it had books thrown on it as if someone was angry with the words written on the pages. "You can set Mai down on the couch to rest" I follow the orders of who ever said that and laid the sleeping girl in my arms on the couch in front of me.

"Well. Today has been long and stressful. I think we should all tuck in early." Mentioning the idea of sleep made my involuntarily yawn.

"There are four bedrooms up stairs along with two baths. You are all welcome to freshen up and sleep up there if you wish." Said Naru. We all nodded and made our way up the stairs. Everyone got there own room considering there were four extra bedrooms and Lin already had one here.

Naru POV

I sat down next to Mai on the couch and took her hand. She was so pale and fragile and Lost a bit of weight leaving her skinnier then before. I quickly grabbed a towel and wet it with warm water and proceeded to clean the wound on her forehead that was bleeding. After that I placed a extra pillow under her head and a warm blanket over her body. I laid down on the reclining chair thinking it was best to sleep down her with her incase she woke up. We all woke up the next morning around ten and Ayako started to make breakfast for everyone. Mai slowly made her way over to a chair at the table and just ate some fruit. Everyone else ate eggs and pancakes. We all spent the day watching Mai to make sure she doesn't have another hallucination or something along those lines. She didn't seem to remember much of what happened yesterday so no one brought up the topic. Lin refused to stop working the case so he locked him self in the office. Mia still looked rather pale so I made sure she drank plenty of water and snacked on food throughout the day. Around five in the evening we started to have a movie night. We watched (these are going to be real movies) 'Charlie St. Cloud, if I stay (girls choice) and the first mission impossible (guys choice) the last movie ended at eleven so everyone went up to there rooms to get some rest. We had all fallen asleep at the same places as yesterday. A few hours into the night Lin came running into the living room and woke me up. "What is it Lin?"

"I think I found the identity of the man after Mai." My eyes widened as we both walked to the office.

"What's his name?"

"Dominic cross"

---------------------------------------------------

I AM SO SORRY! I haven't updated in forever! Also, sorry it's short. I wanted to end it at his name.

Please comment suggestions on what you think should happen in the story!

Hey if you wanted to write a part as well you could! I could read through and if it fits somewhere (and not inappropriate) I can dedicate that part to you. If you want to do that you can private message me and we can go from there!

Thanks so much for the reads and comments! I love reading comments so please leave a comment! It would make my day!

Thanks so much!