Rites Of Passage

Scandinavia, 793 AC 

No one POV 

An 8 year old girl was hiding behind a tree and Lagertha was walking around and said "Now where could Freya, possible be, Come out come out wherever you are." 

Freya smiled and Lagertha said "Come on, Gyda, where can you sister be?" and Gyda walked closer to another tree and Freya looked up at where Gyda was going. 

Lagertha walked up to Freya from behind and picked her up and said "Got you" and Freya laughed as Lagertha twirled her around. 

Freya said "You tricked me" and Lagertha said "Well, you should always be looking everywhere, and never be surprised. Now come on, we have to go back, we finished fishing and played this game now we must return home."

Lagertha put her down and Freya said "Gyda, can we play this at home" and Gyda said "Sure, but you'll lose." 

Freya said "No, I won't." 

Gyda said "I've been playing it a lot longer than you" and Freya said "Well, I can run a lot more." 

Gyda rolled her eyes. 

Lagertha smiled at them. 

At the Farm 

Ragnar is honing the fighting skills of Bjorn, when Lagertha returns with Gyda and Freya. 

Lagertha said "What are you two doing?" and Ragnar said "I'm taking Bjorn to the thing tomorrow." 

Lagertha said "Not yet. He's not old enough." 

Ragnar said "He's twelve years old." 

Lagertha said "Take him next year. Next year is soon enough." 

Ragnar said "He'll need a silk ribbon, Lagertha. Now, what did you find?" and Freya said "We played a game but mother tricked me." 

Lagertha said "I did not trick you, I told you always keep your eyes everywhere" and Ragnar said "Your mother's right. Go on back inside." 

Gyda grabbed Freya's hand. 

Bjorn walked up and said "It's okay, Freya, I'll teach you how to be a better hider." 

Freya said "Play it with me, then you'll see I'm a good hider." 

Bjorn said "if you were a good hider, you would have won." 

Later 

Freya was walking outside and she was grabbing some sticks on the ground and she stopped as she saw two men coming. 

Freya walked back and ran inside and said "Mother, Mother two men are coming." 

The door kicks open and Lagertha put Freya and Gyda behind her and said"Go feed the goats, go go  go on." 

Gyda and Freya walked away. 

The two men walked up and Lagertha said "What do you want?" and the men said "We know you're all alone here. All the men are gone." 

Lagertha said "If you're thirsty, I will give you a drink. If you're hungry, I will feed you. Otherwise, you must go." 

The man said "We will eat and drink after we've satisfied our other needs. I don't want to kill you, woman.  You couldn't kill me if you tried for a hundred years." 

Lagertha hits him with a fire iron and fights with him and she kills him with a fire iron and the other one went to attack her but she kills him with the fire iron. 

Freya walked in and said "Mother, I heard screaming" and Lagertha said "It's nothing, sweet girl, I'm fine. Just stay outside with your sister." 

Gyda said "Come on, we have to keep feeding the goats" and they walked up and Freya said "What happened?".