A King's Ransom

An: Hi everyone. We are reaching the end of season 1, Don't forget to vote and comment on what you think of what is happening so far what you think about Freya and Henry's development.

Kattegat

No one POV

Freya walked around with Henry and Henry said "We have a similar story like the one your mother told them."

Freya said "A child that was given to them by the Gods."

Henry said "Virgin Mary"and Freya said "Virgin Mary? She was the child" and Henry said "No, she was the mother. She was engaged to a man named Joseph. And she received a message from God."

Freya said"A message."

Henry said "He told her she would be the Mother of the Messiah, she agreed, and then she was pregnant."

Freya said "Pregnant, so the man she was supposed to marry was the father of her baby" and Henry said "Well, no the baby was Jesus Christ, the son of God."

Freya said "So, your God was the Father."

Henry nodded and Freya said "What about the person she was to marry, did he believe it" and Henry said "He was told by an angel, that his betrothed Mary was pregnant with achild conceived through the Holy Spirit. He listened to God's messanger, and did not leave her or shame her, He married her and protected her."

Freya said "Ah, see it's not that hard to believe it" and Henry said "That's different."

Freya said "Because it's my gods and not yours."

Henry said "You know a lot of people would think I believe in the wrong gods" and Freya said "I can say the same about you, but I'm not going to force you to believe in something you don't believe. And your doing the same."

Henry said "I suppose, but don't act like you don't find it interesting" and Freya said "It's an interesting story, so is this really what you believe."

Henry said "Honestly, it's all I ever know , but I do like what we learned about them."

Freya said "Look at that, we're both interested."

Henry said "Yes."

They were holding hands and Bjorn walked up and said "Freya."

Freya turned around and they let go.

Bjorn grabbed Freya's hand and said "What are you doing' and Freya said "I'm just talking."

Bjorn said "He's a Christian."

Freya said "So?" and Bjorn said "You can't be friends with him" and Freya said "Why not?".

Bjorn said "Because he's a Christan, He believes in the wrong thing, It's wrong" and Freya said "According to who, you. Father is fine with me being friends with him."

Bjorn said "Father's not here."

Freya said "He will return" and Bjorn said "Sister, friendship sometimes grows into others."

Freya said "Either way, if I want to spend time with anyone, or be friends with anyone, that is my choice, not yours."

Freya gripped her hand out of his grip and Freya said "Don't tell me what to do."

Henry looked at her and smiled.

Freya said "Come on."

At the Dinner

Freya smiled at Gyda and Gyda said "You said that to our brother" and Freya said "He was telling me who to be friends with, He doesn't get to do that."

Gyda said "What if mother and father said the same thing" and Freya said "Well, they're not."

Gyda laughed and said "You really like Henry" and Freya said "He's nice, and he's fun to be around. We understand each other."

Gyda said "Your really really like him" and Freya said "I don't, okay maybe but what's wrong with that."

Gyda smiled and said "Nothing."

Lagertha smiled at them and Lagertha said "Freya, I talked to your brother, He was just being protective."

Freya said "I know, I forgive you Bjorn as long as you never do that again" and Bjorn said "Fine."

Athelstan said "My lady Lagertha, I hope you can find it in your heart to speak to the wife of the late Earl."

Lagertha said "Of course. Hello, Siggy. Please sit down and join us."

Bjorn got up and Lagertha said "Bjorn wait!" and Bjorn said "Earl Haraldson tried to k*ll my father."

Lagertha said " I know. And if he had succeeded, I would be standing where Siggy's standing now. So what would you like me to say to her?".

Freya ate some food.

Bjorn said "I would ask her to sit down."

Siggy sat down and said "Thank you."

Lagertha said "What can I do for you?" and Siggy said "It is what I can do for you. I want to serve you."

Lagertha said "That is not necessary."

Athelstan said "I remember very well how I served the father of my church, and it did me no harm. In fact, I found in service a great freedom and honor. When I accepted that I should forget about myself and serve father Cuthbert...Well... then I became happy. I was able to save innocents."

Henry smiled at him and Lagertha said "If it's really what you want, I accept your offer."

Siggy said "Thank you."

Lagertha said " You and your daughter are now under my protection, but I will never treat you as a servant."

Gyda's Room

Freya walked in and Gyda yawned and said "Freya, what are you doing here" and Freya said "I can't sleep, I'm worried about Father."

Gyda said "Come on" and Freya walked up to her and they hugged.

Gyda said "Sister, he'll be alright, he'll return and soon we'll have a baby brother and you'll be a big sister."

Freya said "I hope so, did you feel him moving."

Lagertha walked in and said "Do you want to " and Freya said "Mother."

Lagertha walked up to them and Lagertha said "Give me your hand."

Freya and Gyda put their hand on Lagertha's stomach and Lagertha said "Our lives are fated, Daughters. We all have to accept that."

Gyda said " I can feel it moving underneath my hand."

Freya said "He has a strong kick. How do you know it's a boy" and Lagertha said "A long time ago, the seer prophesized that your father would have many sons. That's how I know it's a boy. Now sleep you two."

The Next Morning

Siggy ran in Lagertha's room to see her in pain as she was having a miscarriage and other people were cleaning her dress and the blood.

Siggy walked over to her and they hugged, As Lagertha cried out.