Sacrifice

No one POV 

Freya walked around with Henry and Henry said "Athelstan is going too, what is it like" and Freya said "I don't know, I have never been there before, I hope that maybe I can make my mother feel better because of the. Can I ask you something? Did your mother ever." 

Henry said "She did, I tried to make her feel better, but she told me that it's okay, that it happens that the baby is at peace in heaven. Like all my other siblings." 

Freya said "That happened to your mother before." 

Henry said "She um she had to have a lot of babies, but she..I think that the best thing you can do is just be there." 

They walked past people giving them their offerings and Freya looked confused and Gyda said "Freya, you take their offerings." 

Freya said "Oh, Thank you." 

Lagertha noticed Ragnar was distant and walked up to him and Lagertha said "Ragnar...Are you not happy that we're going to Uppsala?". 

Ragnar said "Of course I'm happy. Why should I not be happy? When we reach Uppsala, we shall ask the gods why they give with one hand, but take away with the other? Why they make me Earl, yet kill my son?". 

Lagertha said "We can have more sons." 

Ragnar said "Have we not tried?". 

Uppsala 

Freya walked in with everyone else holding Lagertha's hand and Lagertha said "You know, your named after the goddess Freya. A goddess of fertility, and love, so that means that the Gods will have favor with you." 

Freya said "What am I supposed to say" and Lagertha said "You just go up there, and ask them for something, or you can ask a question about anything." 

The Priest said "Hail to the Aesir and the Vanir. Hail to the gods and goddesses. Hail to Odin, Thor, and frey. Hail to Vali, Sif, and Heimdall. Hail to Balder, Bragi, and Eir. Hail to Freja, Loki, and Frigg. Hail to Lin, Ifon, and Mimir. Hail to Njord, Ran, and Tyr. Hail to Odin's spear, Thor's hammer. Hail to the mighty fecund earth. All... All hail." 

Ragnar, Bjorn, Freya, Gyda and Lagertha said "All hail." 

Bjorn looked at Henry and said " You know who that is, don't you?" and Henry said "This is Thor, holding his hammer, Mjollnir. Who hasn't heard him beating his anvil in the storm? ". 

Bjorn said "Who doesn't believe in mighty Thor, slayer of frost and fire? Did my sister tell you all that." 

The Priest said "  Freja, Loki, and Frigg Hail to Lin, Ifon, and Mimir. Hail to Njord, Ran, and Tyr. Hail to Odin...". 

Lagertha whispered "Frey, lord, fill me with seed and give me a son. Do as you will with me, make me blind or deaf if you want to, but give me a son before it's too late." 

Freya looked up at Lagertha and hugged her and Lagertha said "It's alright, go on, come on" and the Priest said "Hail to" and the Crowd said "All Hail."

Priest said " Hail to Freja, loki, and Frigg." 

Bjorn said "Odin, father.  I have come to ask for your love. I want to grow and to prosper, to quicken and be wise. Hear me, lord." 

The Crowd said "All hail." 

Priest said "Hail to the Aesir and the Vanir. Hail to the gods and goddesses..." and Ragnar said " Lord of lords, father, hear my prayer. Let me understand your will. Is it true that I shall have more sons like the seer says? Accept the sacrifice I plan to offer you... And then answer me."