The Choice

No one POV 

Freya walked with Ragnar and Freya said "It wasn't my place to tell you" and Ragnar said "Your husband is a King, and you did not tell me, how long did you know this?". 

Freya turned around and said "None of your business, it is Henry's to tell or not to tell, not me, , you want to know more, ask him." 

Ragnar said "I am your father" and Freya said "He's my husband, what do you want me to do , go around spreading it , yell it out make sure everyone knows, His Uncle murdered his family, he got away, He found peace, and safety and happiness, He didn't want to go back to somewhere where he can be lived. And I kept it perhaps for others reason, I know what others would want, Use this so they can start a war." 

Ragnar said "Isn't he a King? It's his kingdom" and Freya said "He does not want it. And I respect him in that, A warrior only fights for what he wants to fight for, not for something that nearly got him killed once, with people who did nothing for their beloved King, as he his wife, their children were killed and almost killed, who would want to rule that." 

King Horik said "A coward" and Freya said "Watch it." 

Ragnar said "King Horik, your behaviour has made it very difficult to talk peace or to negotiate with King Ecbert."

King Horik said "I never had any intention of negotiating with King Ecbert. I thought you were aware of that. I only want revenge. I want to kill King Ecbert. And then, perhaps, I shall talk to him." 

Lagertha said "If we defeat Ecbert in battle, he may be prepared to offer us more in terms not only of gold, but of land." 

Ragnar said "This was a gift in good faith."

King Horik said "What is good faith? Why should there be good faith between us and Christians? What do you say, Floki?". 

Floki said "They worship a false God. They're fleas and vermin." 

Ragnar said " I will go myself and talk to him." 

King Horik said "You will not divide our forces, Earl Ragnar.  You seem to forget I am King. We will strike camp tomorrow, and, armed and ready, we will go to seek battle, as our father Odin has taught us." 

At Camp 

Freya laid with Henry and Henry said "I'm sorry for the positon I put you in" and Freya said "Your my husband, I chose to do this, who you tell is up to you."

Henry said "Let me guess, Many want" and Freya said "You have a kindgom, it gives them a reason to take land." 

Henry said "I know, but Aelle can't be beaten, not now, and those people they only care about who's in power, they did nothing when my family was butchered,why would I want to rule over them." 

She caressed his cheek and Freya said "Do as you want, take it don't take it, fight don't fight, whatever happens, I am by your side." 

Henry said "I love you" and Freya smiled and they kissed. 

Henry said"Hard to say, it's been a few moons since we've been married" and Freya said "Few moons." 

Henry nodded. 

Freya stopped and Henry said "Everything alright?". 

Freya smiled and said "Yeah, it is, I just need to check on something." 

In a tent 

Freya walked in and Bjorn said "I can't sleep. I am thinking about what it is like to die." 

Ragnar said "Only those who have died would know. The Seer would know. He is not truly dead. That is his curse. He told me something about you. That you would marry the daughter of a King, or else sail round a sea that has no tides."