Warrior's Fate

Kattegat 

No one POV 

Freya walked up touching her stomach and Hvitserk said "Who's that" and Freya said "I don't know but Siggy said he found him and that he was injured. So we  must help him, Why don't you go play with your brothers while they stitch him up." 

Hvitserk ran off and Freya handed the Stranger a piece of cloth to cover up the bleeding and put it on and he said "Thank you, you are most kind." 

Siggy said "How did you do this?" and the Stranger said "I don't know. I was sleeping rough, and... might have caught it on a scythe or a plowshare." 

Freya said "What is your name?" and he said "Um, my name is Harbard." 

Aslaug said "You said you were sleeping rough. Why is that?" and Harbard said "I will sleep wherever I can lay my head. I am a wanderer, and sometimes people offer me hospitality and I sleep on a straw bed, and sometimes I... sleep rough with the cattle for warmth. It is all one to me." 

Helga said "Is that true?" and Harbard said "No. No, I prefer the straw." 

Helga laughs and Harbard said "But do not think that I offer nothing in return, hmm? I tell stories. Stories about my own travels. Stories about the gods. Or both. As they say, I... I sing for my supper.Will you sup with us?". 

Hardbard said "If that is acceptable with everyone. And to King Ragnar, of course." 

Aslaug said "Ragnar is not here. He and the men have gone raiding. But you are welcome to what food we have, and to a bed of straw." 

Freya looked over suspiciously and touched her stomach and said "Siggy, can I speak to you about the baby." 

Siggy said "Of course."

Siggy got up and walked away with her and Siggy said "Is the child alright, perhaps you should rest, the birth might come soon and it's not good." 

Freya said "The baby's fine, I'm fine" and Siggy said "Then why did you say" and Freya said "That's only so Harbard wouldn't know, how do you know you can trust him enough to bring him where we live, where children live. He's a stranger to us." 

Siggy said "He needs our help, many people do" and Freya said "You don't know what he could do, what if someone brought him here, or lead him in here to lie and hurt us." 

Siggy looked over at her and said "And by someone, you mean King Aelle" and Freya said "King Horik tried to kill us all, okay, perhaps I am not over that yet, I am being genuienly concerned." 

Siggy said "You don't know that he knows about the child, your safe here" and Freya said "You don't know that." 

Siggy said "You cannot be paranoid over everyone you meet because you think they might be sent by King Aelle." 

Freya said "And you can't trust that every stranger you meet has good intentions, he's a stranger, how do you know you can trust what he will do or what he won't do." 

Siggy said "Because he's a guest here, he would not go against someone who offered him food, It'll be fine." 

Siggy walked away. 

At the Mountain, Floki walked up to Ragnar and Floki said "Why are we doing this, Ragnar? Why are we fighting for these Christians? Doing King Ecbert's dirty work for him." and Ragnar said "This is not about you, Floki. It's about our children, and their children. It is about our people's future. And I do not want there to be endless conflict between us and the Christians. If anything, my daughter has proved in her marriage that we can do far more with Christian, my grandson proves that even more."