The Wanderer

No one POV

Henry walked up to Bjorn and he said "Congratulations on your marriage" and Bjorn said "Thank you, May I ask you something, we are brothers after all." 

Henry said "Yes" and Bjorn said "When Freya was first pregnant with child, why didn't you convince her not to fight against King Horik. You clearly convinced her now." 

Henry laughed and said "That's funny, oh I needed that" and he kept laughing and Bjorn looked at him and Henry said "Wait, your serious. You know your sister, you grew up with her, you really think she can be convinced of anything,I wouldn't, I value my life." 

Bjorn said "That is true, I suppose, because if she could be convinced , she would have never married you. I tried to get her to stop to stop spending time with you back when we were children, this was when I hated you." 

Henry said "I know." 

Bjorn said "But now I see how happy you and my sister are,how in love, and I'm very happy for you, and for my little nephew, your to be a father, you must be excited for that." 

Henry said "I am, so should you." 

Bjorn said "Do you ever worry?" and Henry said "I had a good father, I worry about something else, the things I cannot control." 

Bjorn said "Why don't you want to take back your kingdom, your Uncle commited a great crime, murdered his own blood, took what is yours, why don't you want to take it back." 

Henry looked at him and said "I was 6 years old when it happened, I remember waking up and my mother taking me out, I remember my Uncle's guard killing her and, they nearly killed me, I was hit with something, had I not gotten out, I would have died, and as I was escaping, I begged someone to help no one did, and all those subjects did nothing, they cheered, they joined in the slaughter, What they did to my families's body, I." 

Bjorn said "How can a family member do such a thing to their own, to their own brother" and Henry said "Ambition, Cruel ambition, some don't know the meaning of loyalty." 

At Kattegat 

Freya was sitting down touching her stomach and Sigurd said "Can you play the game, Freya" and Freya said "Oh, I'd love to, Sigurd, but I can barely stand, okay why don't you play with your brothers." 

Hvitserk said "But your really good at it" and Freya said "Well, yeah but I'm carrying Odin right now which makes me a bit different, how about this, we can play another game that requires sitting." 

Hvitserk said "That's no fun" and Freya said "Well, I have become no fun" and Helga looked over at them and said "Have you had the dream?". 

Freya said "What dream." 

Helga said "I have had a dream. I dreamed of a stranger, who was a man, but he had no face. Or none that I could well see. There was snow on the ground and he was walking towards me through the snow, so his footsteps made no sound. His arms were outstretched, and in one hand, he carried a ball of flaming snow. In his other hand..." 

Siggy said "His other hand was covered in bright blood. And the blood left a trail in the snow behind him." 

Helga said "Yes." 

Aslaug said "And the drops were smoking in the frozen ground?" and Helga said "You too?" and Aslaug said "Yes." 

Helga said "Both of you? We have all dreamed the same dream. Were you frightened?" and Aslaug said "No. I felt excited. I felt a sense of expectation. And when I woke up, I was so disappointed it was only a dream." 

Siggy said "You say you can see things. What does it mean?" and Aslaug said "I have no idea." 

Helga said "Did you not have the dream, Freya" and Freya said "No, not really." 

Freya touched her stomach. 

Later 

Freya walked up towards the river and Freya struggled to sit down and Freya said "I'm sorry, I haven't come in a while, Gyda, and that I"m struggling to sit down, but I'm to have a child, I think it's a boy, it's this feeling, that I know it." 

Freya looked up and said "I wonder had you lived, would you have a similar path, children like me, a husband, a great warrior. I don't know." 

Freya looked at her and said "I want you to know that I miss you, Gyda, I miss you quite a bit, I can't help but wonder the type of person you would be. Me and Bjorn are to be parents at around the same thing, well me first, which is not something I expected as the youngest. I've been telling our little brothers stories about you, Ubbe thinks it sounds too good to be true, I have taught the game of rocks that you taught me." 

Freya looked up with tears in her eyes and said "I miss you, I really really miss you, I wonder what would happened if you had lived, how you would be here, what you would think. I think you and Henry would get along." 

Freya wiped away her tears and Freya said "I want to stay here a while with you, you'd probably come up with something saying that it's because I can't get up, but that's not why, because I really miss you, and I hope that one day I get to see you again, but I know that your with the Gods. So I know you" and her voice broke and said "I know, but I really miss you, and I really wish you were here." 

Later 

Freya walked around and touched her stomach and said "Hello, Odin this is your mother, I can't wait to meet you, your father's off fighting a battle with your grandmother and your grandfather and your Uncle. But they'll return soon, Now  I want you to know that I am going to try my very hardest to be a good mother, and that no matter what happens, I will keep you safe, very safe." 

Freya touched her stomach and said "You know, your grandmother said that everything that is worth much to us is something we must fight for, She was right, your Father, not many people approved of us, Many people come against us, not believe that I should be with a Christian, that a union like that could work. We showed them different, we chose our own path not the one that others wanted. I know one thing, My boy, you are proof that this marriage is favoured by the Gods. And I want you to know that." 

Freya walked inside her room and lit a candle and looked down and said "Frey, that which I share my name with, Please, allow my child to be born healthy and safe for as long as you can. And for my husband, My mother, my father, my brother, I wish for them to come home safe to me, for Henry to meet Odin, Please keep them safe." 

Freya blew out a candle. 

She touched her stomach again and looked down. 

Freya said "Nothing will happen to you, I promise, you will be safe with me."