Chapter 5 A Monster

The sun's shining light was piercing the ground. The atmosphere was gloomy as if the corpses existed to contrast the bright and warm sunlight. Corpses laying on the groud while few people are cleaning the mess up. There were not many people, if you tried to count it will only add up to about 3 people. The atmosphere can be summarised as gloomy.

"This is my group, my team." Ritso said so with a face dyed with sadness.

Naiba calmly observed the area. One by one the 3 people started looking at him.

"What happened here?"

One of the 3 people answered.

"The Mini Event killed most of us but luckily we 4 survived."

Naiba realised why Ritso agreed to make an alliance.

"Is your leader alive?"

A few seconds of silence was broken by Ritso's voice answering in a pained yet calm manner.

"No he didn't survive. I'm the new leader."

Naiba sigh as he walks around trying to familiarise the area. Finzen suddenly said "Mini Event, I'm assuming thats similar to task and the Main Event. What got them killed?"

Yet again one of the 3 people answered.

"The Mini Event had... a... a.... mo-nster..."

Naiba's voice suddenly entered the conversation once more.

"What kind of monster?" Naiba was genuenly curious and his still looking for clues.

When one of the 3 people was about to open her mouth Ritso stoped her and answered on her stead.

"It was a seemingly ordinary cat but when touch it breaks the mind of whoever touched it. From what info I gathered the amount of time corresponds to how bad the effects. For example if someone let's say pat it for about 10 seconds that person would experience severe mental break down. The best way to not get affected is by not touching it at all. The cat had another seemingly abnormal thing to it. When people gets close enough to the cat they would have the near unbeatable desire to touch the cat even if they have a cat related allergies."

Naiba listened carefully trying his best not to overlook the info.

"This is just my assumption, since you got more info than I thought you would. Did you get the Mini Event yesterday?"

Ritso's face was astonished and gladly answered. "Yes, but how did you came to that assumption?"

After a few seconds of silence Naiba replied.

"It doesn't really matter if you know how I figured it out. What matters is the clues that you can give me. Then I'll ask this was there another monster other than the cat? I won't an answer if you throw another question at me." Calm and observative thats how Naiba operates.

"No there wasn't, the people who lost their mind started to attack using their abilities. That is how the corpses were..."

Naiba calmly replied while looking at the corpses. "What ability did cause most of the damage?"

Ritso looking down on the corpses replied with her voice shaking with anxiety.

"I-Its the Leader's ability..."

As Naiba is listening his also thinking of ways to use his ability, but at last he just waited for Ritso to finish her sentence.

"The name of the ability is..."

Just when Ritso was about to say the ability's name, a burts of sparks appeared out of no where decended into her. Luckily Finzen was able to pull Ritso and save her from harm. Finzen then said "Thats just like when a person tries to say their name but is unable to."