Chapter 9 The News Report

I can probably watch the news to see if there's any abnormalities. I still can't believe that this apartment has a bed, a tv, a desk, chair and etc. Did I just use etc? Rare for me to use that. Anyway where is the remote? As Naiba thinks he also is looking around to find his tv's remote.

Not long after he found it, he pluged the tv, and pressed a button in the remote to start the tv.

The screen showed a man in a formal attire reporting matters about politics.

Naiba blinked twice as if surpriced that when opened it showed the news. Naiba considered it a fairly normal coincidence.

The news reporter finished talking and entered another topic. It was about the sudden disappearance of people that walks in the  southern outskirts of the city during the night time. Some corpses were found but were too despicable to be shown on live broadcast. Even though the corpse couldn't be seen, a description of it were given to be a warning to not go towards the southern outskirts during night time.

The description goes like this: The head was decapitated. The way of decapitation looked like the flesh was bitten of one after another. The left and right arm was also bitten of. What was strange is the fact that the legs and the upper torso was dissolving as if it was bathed in a poisonous liquid capable of dissolving flesh. The organs were missing exept for the reproductive parts.

Bold of them to show this info. Sigh, more people will go because of their stupid curiousity. They probably showed it because the victim either had no family that cared for them so its fine to show the description, or the victim had a family that wants others to not let their relatives and friends go towards the southern outskirts  to just die in misery just like the victim. Niaba tried to look through the accident by the relative's and goverment's perspective.

Based on the info its probably a Dissolving Spider. This kinds of monsters has some pretty powerful poison not just for dissolving but also for inflicting paralyzing mist. Its strange that this monster is clasified as a ice monster, but it make sense since its able to create mist which is under the ice category. Even though its main way of dealing damage is by poison the poison that uses is just a benefit of its species having the ability to use poison. The ice that it uses has a poisonous effect to it to the point of the ice looking like it was the inferior ability of the Dissolving Spider. Overall this monster has a high potency in both poison and ice making it really hard to kill. Naiba recalled his knowledge about the Dissolving Spider.

"Even though its decently strong in attack power its lacking a lot in defences. A single bullet shot by my modified revolver should kill it if I hit the weakness of it. That weakness being its head containing its core." Naiba said out loud and lets out a deep sigh.

"I'll prepare for the night and take my sleep."

After some preparations and Naiba buying extra equipment in case of need, he jumped into his bed and slept like a log.

One of the equipment that he bought was a Poisonless Dagger capable of absorbing poison from the nearby area, and it can also use the poison that it absorbs to deal damage. This cost 220 Points.

In the morning, Naiba woke up and bought some food from the Shop and ate his breakfast.

After eating, he threw the packaging in the trash can. Naiba walked outside after that. He walked around the area seing a few people in the process.

He's apartmet was in a normal area in the city, nothing were special about the area other than the fact that a Subject lives there.

The sun wasn't that bright, the sky was a little dark because its still morning.