Chapter 13 Corversations

After he realised this Naiba left the area. When he found a bench to sit on he sat down and thought, When was the last time I saw a non-crazy pink-haired female? If I remember correctly it should be in the 19th world. That sure is not that long ago. Sigh, it must be some sort of trauma of mine, otherwise there should not be a reason for me to feel this way... Oh right, I just remembered that my current appearance is not my actual appearance, because I do not necessarly need my physical characteristics to be the same as what I actually looks like. I just need it to completely fill up the info needed for my ability to be used. Having a different appearance does not necessarly mean that me as a character need to have a different personality and other stuff, after all creating a Character all depends on one's mind. Basically I am able to create a Character that can look like me or not, but in the end that does not mater since it still insignificant compared to the Character's Characteristics. I only remebered this because I was observing the appearance of others.

Setting that aside, I now know where the nearest school is. That needs to be remebered, after all from my experience schools tend to be the place where most of the Main Event will focus until it is completely destroyed.

A school... with a pink-haired girl... Why does this sounds so bad? I should probably get over this now. That student is not necessarly a Subject. I'll set that aside again.

After making up his mind Naiba tooked a look at the System.

[Mini Event]
Slaughter all the military personel or kill all the monsters lurking in the monster nest.
Reward: 1000 Points(Slaughtering of all military personel or kill all the mosters lurking in the monster nest.)
Time Limit: 4 days and 14 hours
Failure: The Host's choice

After looking at it for a few seconds Naiba closed the screen.

I already calmed myself down from killing that military personel, but in the end I still feel a sense of guilt. Sigh, why is it that I still feel a sense of guilt when I kill? That should have been gone long ago, but I still have it... This should be my humanity... Well, it sure is good that I only need to act in front of others for my ability, after all I can't be sure that the things I wrote down in the System to make a Character might not be my complete self. A guy I met in my 8th world once said: How can you fully know yourself when you've only been living for the sake of living. He should be alive... It really is strange to live. I guess I learned something new today, that is that I try to remember my past. If it was me in my 1st world I might just be laughing crazily.

After a while of thinking Naiba ultimately fell asleep. The reasoning is quite simple: He still wants to sleep. There is no reason other than that.

...

In a military office a man wearing an outfit that looks like a general was looking up at the ceiling.

He closed his eyes and fell into deep sleep. After a while he appeared at a blank slate, moving like a letter in a 2D world. As he walked he found himself transported to different places, a sphere moving at an unfathomable speed, a palace made of bloody corpses, a one-eyed sun, and finally a man sitting on a bench.

The man sitting on the bench was asleep. The
general-outfit-wearing-man got closed to the sleeping man in the bench. After getting close enough he swiftly entered the man's dream.

Inside of the dream the man who was formerly sleeping in the bench was reading books, having no concern for his surroundings. He looked like he was alone with no one to talk to, but the truth of the matter is that he avoided them, trying to not cause problem.

The man kept reading endlessly it was as if he could only read to live. But suddenly he stoped and looked at the general-outfit-wearing-man with a look of disgust.