Three

Two weeks passed since the 'lunch date' happened. Both Neuvillette and Wriothesley become extremely busy with their work, causing Neuvillette to lose contact with Wriothesley, especially with Sigewinne.

As much as he wants to visit the kid, he doesn't really have time to take a break due to the overflowing cases he's handling.

Though he thinks that this is for the best for everyone, Because after that lunch date—or better yet, after Sigewinne "accidentally" called him Papa—he knew that this would open up deeper connections and opportunities that he may or may not regret in the future.

As much as he loves the thought of Sigewinne calling him Papa, he knows that it won't happen because of two things: first, she still has her mother, and Neuvillette thought that it would be a disrespectful act if he meddled with their family, and second, he still loves Wriothesley.

Yes, after all these years, they are separated, but he still loves the latter. And that is a problem because he knows that Wriothesley is already a married man. And he don't want to ruin the relationship he has.

That is why, before he loses control and does something against the Fontaine law and against his own will, he chooses to avoid them. Even though it will hurt him as he is already attached to Sigewinne, It's better if he just lets himself suffer than other people.

"You know what we should hang out for tonight. I think you need to loosen those gloomy vibes around you," Navia said after sipping her tea.

It's a mere afternoon today when Navia decided to pay a visit to her 'ever-so-busy-chief-justice' friend.

"I don't need that."  Neuvillette answered.

"Do you even got a time to look at the mirror? You look so exhausted! And look at those bags under your eyes!"  Navia said while pointing at Neuvillette's 'bags' "They're disgusting!" She added.

Neuvillette shake his head, "Don't mind that. It's just because I have so many cases to handle that I couldn't get a chance to have a proper sleep."  He lied, well half-lied rather...

But knowing his friend being a great observant detective as she is, he knew Navia won't buy his reason.

"You know you can't fool me, Neuvy."  Navia said. "I know that this is because of your ex and his daughter, right?"  She added making Neuvillette falls silent.

"Yes, I hit the spot."  Navia thought to herself.

"You've been here in your office for the last two weeks, are you really that busy or you're just avoiding them because something happened?"  Once again, Neuvillette stay silent as he is.

And upon assuming his friend's unusual quietness, Navia conclude an answer to her own question, yet she stay still and didn't talk furthermore.

She wants to hear the answer from Neuvillette himself, so she will wait until her friend decided to open up.

A good old thirty minutes had passed, and all Navia did is sip tea, read some pages on the book that was  placed on top of the table, and wait.

... Until, after another ten minutes of silence had passed,  she finally heard Neuvillette cleared his throat, move, and talk,

"...About the lunch two weeks ago..." He started alerting Navia.

"Mm, how about the lunch?"  She asked.

"It...It went well, but after Sigewinne called me Papa, it made me think of something."  He started,

"Oh, that's nice— Wait, what?!She called you PAPA?!" she exclaimed as her eyes went wide.