Sixteen

Neuvillette's

"Is it really okay for you two to go without me?" Wriothesley asked.

"Well, it's fine for me. What about you? Shouldn't you ask yourself if you're okay with us going alone without you?" I said as I chuckled.

"I'm just worried for you two. What if someone takes you away from me?" he said, making my forehead crease.

"Seriously? Who would do that?" I asked. I'm not that popular to be known by other people.  

"Oh baby, you surely don't have any idea how many people were too jealous of me because I already owned you. You know you're too pretty to not be noticed by everyone," he said, which made me sigh and smile.

"Is that so? Then you should be thankful that I chose to love you over them," I said while smiling at him.

"Yeah, thanks, my love, and I love you too," he answered as he held my hand and guided me to sit on his lap.

We're currently here in his office at the Fortress of Meropide. I leave my work early, as it was my turn to pick up Sigewinne, and we will also buy a birthday gift for Sedene, her best friend in the orphanage.

While waiting for Sigewinne's dismissal, I decided to visit Wriothesley here in the fortress and also bring him some afternoon snacks. It's a rare occasion that I can be seen here in the Fortress of Meropide, which is why many people wonder and seem a little startled when they see me walk out of the elevator.  

Even Wriothesley gasped when he saw me, and the way he looked at me, it felt like I'm some sort of hallucination to him, but when Clorinde saw and said 'hi' to me, Wriothesley immediately ran and hugged me tight and said he missed me, even though we just saw each other earlier in the morning. And the rest was history, as we came to his office after I got a small talk with Clorinde.

As I was sitting on Wriothesley's lap, I stared at him while I caressed his hair with my hands.  

Everything that happened within the past few months was so fast. After twelve long years of breaking apart, we're now together again.

I admit that I was sad for him before. But as the days and months passed, I couldn't help but long for him. I missed him so much, and that was when I realized that I couldn't live without him.

But things had already happened. I already said those words to him, and I blame myself for that.

If only I had listened to him, would everything be different now?

If only I become selfish and keep him for myself, will we be happy with our choice, knowing that an unborn child will lose a father?

Those are the things that I will surely regret if I don't meet Sigewinne. And just thinking about it, she was the reason why we broke up. And now she has also become the reason why Wriothesley and I came together again.

Is it fate?

Does fate make a way for me to meet Sigewinne and Wriothesley that day?

Navia has always told me, ever since we've been in college, that Wriothesley is my soulmate. She always believes that there is an invisible red string that connects the both of us, and no matter how many struggles and problems come to us and try to break us apart, we will always end up in each other's arms.

At first, I wasn't fond of believing her, but being able to be with my love again after so many long years, I guess Navia was right after all.

Wriothesley really is my soulmate...