Four

"The stars are beautiful, aren't they?"

"Yes, they are, but you know who's more beautiful?"

"The view of the sea?"

"Nah, of course you are." 

As the latter said those words, he became a blushing mess. They've been together for years, yet the latter's  'cheesy' side always appears unpredictable for him... He can never know when he will say something cheesy.

"I'm not beautiful."  The latter's forehead creased as he hold his chin to make him at the latter.

"Who said that? Did Navia said that? Or maybe Clorinde? Or Charlotte?"  The latter asked, "Or is it Furina?"  he added.

He chuckles and hold the latter's hand, "None of them, I just thought of that."  He said.

"Well, stop with your wrong and nonsense thinking."  The latter said. He then kiss the tip of the other's nose, and smile at him,

"You're the most beautiful man I've ever seen, and no matter what happens you're the only beautiful person I will ever love, do you understand, my Neuvillette?" He said as he stare at his glistening eyes,

Neuvillette nods as tears roll down to his cheeks, "I understand. And only you will I ever love, my Wriothesley."  He said.

Wriothesley smiles again. He wipe off the tears out of Neuvillette's cheeks, and give his lips a peck,

"No matter what happens?"

"No matter what happens."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A new morning comes, the city is slowly becoming busy as establishments are starting to open up.

At this kind of time, Neuvillette was supposed to be at his office, drinking his morning coffee or tea, while reading some cases.

But today is unlike any those days as he is still in bed sleeping soundly. 

Wriothesley, on the other side, was busy preparing breakfast not just for him, but also for his guest.

He decided that he will fetch Sigewinne later in the afternoon, for he wants to take care of his guest first.

He's humming a Fontainian song, when someone suddenly interrupt him,

"Wrio...thesly?"

Wriothesley stop and turn his head to where the voice came from.

"Good Morning, Monsieur Neuvillette."  He greeted with a smile plastered on his face.

"H-how did I end up here? D-did something happened to me last night?" Neuvillette confusedly asked.

"Well, last night I saw you on the street, standing there while staring at the night sky."  He said,  "I suspect that you're drunk for your face is red and you're not in your own self when answering my questions,"  he added.

"And you brought me in here?" 

Wriothesley nods, "My apologies for bringing you here. The Palais Mermonia is way too far, and my place is the only nearest option."  He reason out.

Neuvillette become silent. He can't help but to mentally facepalm himself upon recalling every details of the last night's event. 

He didn't expect that he would get drunk. Though he was at the tavern to forget but not to get too drunk, He didn't plan to go stray on the street, and especially, he never planned to be rescued by Wriothesley, a.k.a. his ex that he wants to get over with...