Thirteen

Third Person's

continuation...

"I need to go to Neuvillette, I need to know if he's alright," Wriothesley said as he was about to run off, but Clorinde stopped him.

"You can't just leave like that, Wriothesley," she said. She gets the idea that her friend is worried about what she said, but she can't let Wriothesley go to Palais Mermonia, especially now that she has an intel that Marie is in Palais Mermonia right now.

If Wriothesley goes there, it will probably cause a huge commotion, and if ever, someone might get hurt. And that is the last thing that Clorinde wants to happen.

"Why couldn't I? If Neuvillette's life is in danger, I should be there to protect him," Wriothesley said.

"Don't be too recklessly stupid. What if your so-called wife is in Palais Mermonia at this kind of hour? You can't just go there and be a fvcking hero!" Clorinde said.

"But what if she does something to Neuvillette? I can't lose him for the second time, Clorinde!" Wriothesley said.

Clorinde sighs as she tries to calm herself down because she knows that snapping out her friend will not result in anything good.

"If you don't want to lose him for the second time, then stay here and don't cause any trouble," Clorinde said. "And if you don't listen to me, things will go messy again, just like what happened eight years ago."

*****

*flashback*

"You've got to be fvcking kidding, Wriothesley, why the fvck did you do that?!"

"I don't know, okay?! All I remember is that I'm drinking at the bar, then a woman tried to flirt with me, but I pushed her away, and then I wake up in the hotel, naked, and there's a woman beside me, she's also naked."

Confused and furious—that's what Wriothesley feels towards his current situation, and especially towards himself.

How can he let that happen?

"For Archon's sake, you're so stupid!" Clorinde shouted as she threw a magazine at Wriothesley. "Didn't you think about the outcome of this incident? Didn't you think of your boyfriend?"

"I'm too drunk, Clorinde. I'm sorry!" Wriothesley said.

Clorinde gritted her teeth as she disappointedly looked at her friend. "You should apologize to Neuvillette, not mine! You stupid dog!" 

"B-but what if he gets mad at me? What if he declares a breakup? Fvck, Clorinde, I can't lose Neuvillette!" He said out of frustration as he keeps on blaming himself because of what happened.

"Then start praying to Archons that he won't break up with you! After all, if it wasn't for your stupidity, things like this wouldn't happen!"

Wriothesley, face-palmed, purposely bumps his head on the wall as he keeps on chanting, "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" 

Clorinde sighed as she remained silent while contemplating all the images she saw just a while ago.

She can't believe that this friend of hers will do that. Out of all the people she knew...