Eight

There was never a chance in Neuvillette's life that he thought that going to work and doing his job would be this enjoyable and calming. That was before he met Sigewinne. And whether he accepts it or not, this kid has truly taught him so many things that he never knew in his entire life.

"Papa! Can we go to the park later, please?" she pleaded. "Sedene said there are a lot of nice things that Sigewinne can do and see there!"

Sedene is Sigewinne's new friend. The two met at the orphanage that she and Neuvillette once visited. Knowing how much Neuvillette loves kids, he thought to bring Sigewinne with him in the hopes that the kid would love to meet the children in the orphanage, and surprisingly, she did. And Neuvillette is happy knowing that Sigewinne has found herself a friend.

"Sure, baby, let's go there after Papa's work, okay?" Neuvillette answered, making Sigewinne happily cheer.

"Yehey! Sigewinne will go to the park with Papa!" she sang with her self-made tune as she continued to play with her dolls that Neuvillette bought for her yesterday.  "But Papa, will Aunty Navia be with us?" she asked.

Neuvillette smiles upon sensing that Sigewinne has developed an attachment to Navia.

"Hmm, I don't think so. Knowing that Navia is a very busy woman, she won't have time for such leisure." Neuvillette got cut off as his office's door suddenly burst wide open.

"DID SOMEONE CALLED FOR AUNTY NAVIA?"

"AUNTY NAVIA!" Sigewinne cheered as she quickly ran towards Navia, who has a big smile and wide open arms.

"Or she does have," Neuvillette murmured, finishing what he wanted to say before getting interrupted by a not-so-unexpected guest.

"Did you miss your pretty Aunty Navia, Winnie?" Navia asks Sigewinne, who's on her arm.

"Yes, Sigewinne misses Aunty Navia!"  The kid answered, making Navia giggle and pouring Sigewinne a lot of kisses, causing the kid to giggle too.

This view made Neuvillette sigh. He cleared his throat, trying to catch the attention of the two, but they seemed to be in their own world, totally ignoring the Chief Justice. And this made Neuvillette frown.

Does Sigewinne love Navia more than me?

"Do you want to come with us, Aunty Navia?" Sigewinne asked.

"Where to, Winnie?"

"Papa and Sigewinne will go to the park later, after Papa works. Do you want to join us?" Sigewinne said.

"To the park? Hmm, let me think," Navia said as she acted like she was thinking. Then her gaze went to Neuvillette, who's now busying himself with the papers.

As her eyes went back to Sigewinne, a thought suddenly came to her mind.

She giggles as she thinks of her own thoughts.

"Mm, I'm sorry, Winnie, but Aunty Navia has something to do later. I might not be able to join you and your Papa," Navia said as she pouted.

Sigewinne pouts too. "Sigewinne is a bit sad," she said.

"Oh, don't be sad, my Winnie," Navia said. "Aunty Navia may not be there but I know someone who I can send to be with you and your Papa later," she added but just in a whisper, as she doesn't want Neuvillette to know.