Fourteen

All Neuvillette wants is to give back Wriothesley's keychain, which the latter accidentally dropped off a while ago.

But he didn't expect to hear those words, which made him numb.

"I'm pregnant and you're the father."

These words were like an echoing conch under the sea of Fontaine. It keeps on echoing in his ears, and as his mind slowly realizes the meaning of those words, it hurts him so bad. So bad that he cannot help himself but to open his mouth and say something,

"You... got her pregnant, Wriothesley?" He dumbfoundedly asked as he didn't notice his tears slowly falling down to his cheeks.

Neuvillette saw how Wriothesley's eyes widened upon seeing him.

"N-neuvillette..." Neuvillette closed his eyes and bit his lower lip, trying to prevent himself from breaking down in front of the two.

When he can't really control his emotions, he immediately turns around and runs downstairs. He ran out of the apartment building without caring about the rain, which just started as soon as he left the apartment building.

'So this is what it feels like to be hurt? How I wish he just killed me instead.'

"N-Neuvillette, wait! Please hear me out, baby, please!" He heard Wriothesley's voice but he didn't stop running.

Why would he do that if he's too hurt to stop?

Why would he stop if he's too hurt to face the man he loves?

"Baby, please! Listen to me!" Wriothesley shouted as he still ran after Neuvillette, despite the rain hardly pouring down on them.

Wriothesley won't stop... He won't stop until he explains himself to his lover.

Unfortunately for Neuvillette, Wriothesley runs faster than him so the latter catches up, quickly pulls him into his arms and hugs him tight.

"Please, baby, I'm sorry," Wriothesley whispered as he poured some kisses on Neuvillette's shoulder.    

But Neuvillette didn't answer, neither he didn't hug Wriothesley back. His hands remains on his side while he sobs on the latter's shoulders.

This is the silence that Wriothesley hates the most. It's killing him to see and feel that his love is mad at him. But unlike their other arguments, this one was the worst, and he had no idea if he would be forgiven.    

"Baby-"

"H-how long?" Neuvillette suddenly asked with his cold, stern voice and this made Wriothesley shivers down to his spine.

"N-neuvi-"

"I'm asking you, how long?" he said as he pushed Wriothesley away from him. Neuvillette stared at him blankly as tears and droplets of rain still fell on his cheeks. "How long are you planning to hide this from me?"

"Baby, it's not what you think-"

"IT'S NOT WHAT I THINK?! SHE'S PREGNANT! AND YOU ARE THE FATHER! WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO THINK OF THAT?!" Neuvillette angrily shouted, making Wriothesley shake his head for this is the first time he heard Neuvillette angrily shout.

"I'm sorry." That was all that Wriothesley could ever say.

"It hurts so much, Wriothesley. I never thought that you could do that to me," Neuvillette said as he focused his gaze on the latter in front of him. "Did I not satisfy you enough? Did I not love you enough? AM I NOT ENOUGH?! TELL ME WRIOTHESLEY!"